Take a Taxi or Rent a car?

Sea is Calling

DH and I will be in Curacao in January. We want to go to Playa Porto Mari beach. We are not going to do much else ( We are not big shoppers.) Does anyone know the cost of a taxi to Playa Porto Mari? Is it cheaper to rent a car?

Thanks

I can just tell you.. The last time we took a taxi (just 2 people) to PortaMari it was $ 80.00 rt .

As I said that was 2 people, I suppose you could share a taxi with others to lower the per person price.

Srpilo

DH and I will be in Curacao in January. We want to go to Playa Porto Mari beach. We are not going to do much else ( We are not big shoppers.) Does anyone know the cost of a taxi to Playa Porto Mari? Is it cheaper to rent a car?

Thanks

I reserved a car with Avis for March - 46.00$ for the day

Cabs are expensive. We rented a car from Car Rental 30 Plus, a family owned company out near the airport. It was a little cheaper than the name brand companies like Hertz and Avis and we were very happy with our little Hyundai. Antonio was great, and we felt we had a lot more freedom with the car. Cabs are expensive and not all that easy to find, and public transportation is not really set up for tourists and a bit confusing.

• 2 weeks later...

We've always taken a taxi to Porto Mari in a larger group (more than 4) I believe it was $10/pp each way ($20/pp round trip).

Personally I have no desire to drive myself and will likely have a drink or two at the beach as well so driving would be inappropriate in any event.

Archived