Robes in bathroom

morxx

Hi,

Just for a quick FYI, all stateroom robes are not created equal, so just don't expect high luxury if you're not in the higher grade staterooms.

Many categories have a standard, though still quite nice, thinner material waffle-weave pattern robe sans cuffs & collar.

The Concierge Class and higher staterooms have the more plush, thick, terry cloth robes with rolled, turn-up collar.

As far as one-size-fits-all robes, for some reason I've always found that the thinner robes didn't quite meet that designation, but have never found the terry robes on ship to be lacking in coverage. ;)

Enjoy your cruise! Sure wish we were going off on one soon, but must wait 'til April.

CM

LOL, in contrast to CelebrityMan's experience below, I find those thick, plush terry robes humongous; the only size they have is XL. As a 5'2'' woman, I'm almost totally immobilized by the things. On our recent cruise, our butler took one look at me in the plush terry robe and dashed out to get one of the lighter weight ones.

LOL, in contrast to CelebrityMan's experience below, I find those thick, plush terry robes humongous; the only size they have is XL. As a 5'2'' woman, I'm almost totally immobilized by the things. On our recent cruise, our butler took one look at me in the plush terry robe and dashed out to get one of the lighter weight ones.

Exactly my opinion - the thinner bathrobes are much better, especially in the hotter climate. When in AQ last month, I barely used the thicker bathrobe, except for going to the Persian Garden or relexation room.

It was too heavy and clumsy to use after bathing, when blowdrying hair or putting on makeup. I did not think of asking a thinner one, just used the bathtowel, which is extra large in AQ, to drape ariound me.

Archived