Cabin assignment on Ruby...

Austykatie

Sorry everyone I am full of questions today! So we are assigned to the the Baja floor in the front of the boat (B246) I believe. Since this is our first cruise I have no idea if this is a good place to be on the ship or not? I looked on Princess website it shows its high up and the front of the ship. Also we have a balconey room, which is a must have for me.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a good place to be on the ship?

Thanks in advance!! I can already tell I am becoming addicted to "cruising" as I check these dang boards on my phone from work on my lunch break! LOL:D

Sorry everyone I am full of questions today! So we are assigned to the the Baja floor in the front of the boat (B246) I believe. Since this is our first cruise I have no idea if this is a good place to be on the ship or not? I looked on Princess website it shows its high up and the front of the ship. Also we have a balconey room, which is a must have for me.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a good place to be on the ship?

Thanks in advance!! I can already tell I am becoming addicted to "cruising" as I check these dang boards on my phone from work on my lunch break! LOL:D

Since you are on a higher deck, and more towards the front, I would make sure to pack some type of seasick prevention just in case you hit rough seas. Any cabin higher and towards the front of the ship will feel a bit more motion then say lower and midship. I am sure you will be fine, but an ounce of pervention is worth a pound of cure in my book. ;) Enjoy your first cruise!

As Toto said, be sure to pack something for queaziness. You should really bring that along for your first cruise no matter where your cabin is on the ship. Cabins towards the front do tend to feel the motion just a bit more. Mid-ship is the calmest, and sometimes you can feel a vibration in the aft cabins. None of it is usually an issue unless you hit really rough seas.

You're gonna have a blast! Enjoy your first cruise.

Archived