Cutting weight for excursion. Worth it? How strict are they on weight?

gaubow

So, my family of 5 are signed up for horseback riding in Cabo. I am a little heavier than my usual weight, right at 240. 240 is the weight restricition. Pretty sure that I can lose 5 lbs in the next 9 days or so. My wife tells me that I carry my weight well. (is she just saying that?)

The worry is, though, we do have 2 days at sea prior to the excursion, so I will be eating bad food i am sure if I don't "watch it". Also, what if their scales are heavy? We all know that scales don't weigh the same... few pounds either way.

Do I really need to worry so much about cutting weight? Is it worth watching what i eat (and drink) for the first two days of the cruise?

I read on a thread that the operator of a zip line excursion did pull out a scale for a customer, but I am thinking that may be more for safety?

Has anyone seen them pull out a scale on anyone for horseback riding?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Mr.QT is in that 240 range give or take 5 pounds here and there...Dec and cruises it is more there then not...;)

He carries it well and I totally understand what your wife is saying and You should not have a problem horseback riding, just make sure they give you a horse that has good bone structure and some meat on it....

Zip Lining and such events I can understand the strict weight limit due to insurance reasons but honestly?? A 1200 pound horse is not going to mind that you have been eating those two desserts a night for the last two nights:D

Archived