Grenada Best beach day?

cbreeze

Hello,

We are looking for a good beach to spend some time at during our stop in Grenada. What is our best bet for a mixed age group? No one in the group is interested in a tour...just a nice beach to sit and relax. Thanks for any help!:)

The links below confirm that they are open and the place in beatiful. Just just a short cab ride for town is a place called the Aquarium. It's an open air resturant and beach. They have chairs for you to use and get fresh fish specials every day. Drinks are reasonable and the snokeling is great. Best of all, you'll have the beach almost to yourself as not Cruiser ever find the place on their own.

http://www.skyviews.com/grenada/aquarium/

http://www.aquarium-grenada.com/pages/1/index.htm

Grand Anse is a lovely long beach with many activities available. However, the snorkeling is not good. If the coconut guy is there, buy one from him - it really is an experience to drink fresh coconut milk straight from the coconut and then eat the fresh coconut. Also his machete work carving it up is impressive. the easiest way to get there is to take a water taxi from the dock.

• 3 weeks later...

I would say that Grand Anse is the best beach, the taxis tend to drop their passengers of by the vendors market and consequently this part does get a bit crowded. The beach is a couple of miles long so if you want a bit more seclusion ask the taxi driver to drop you off further up the beach ie near the hotel Allemanda. you are also less likely to be hassled by any beach vendors as they tend to stay where the majority of the visitors are.

I am presuming that mckieclan is referring to BBC beach at Morne Rouge, this again is a nice beach and is much less frequented by visitors to the island.

The beach by the Aquarium is indeed very quiet and this is especially the case while the hotel Rex Grenadian remains closed following Hurricane Ivan.

All of the above beaches have fine white sand.

I am very interested in a little more information about the Aquarium if possible. It was said that it is a short taxi ride from town. I'm curious if it is on part of Grand Anse Beach? Is it in the same direction? Reason being I understand that you can take the bus to Grand Anse, do you think you could to the Aquarium?

cfpruner: you mentioned they have chairs to use, do they have beach chairs, or would there be some to rent? Also how about shade, rental umbrellas etc?

Thanks in Advance

Boomboom51: I just came back from Grenada last week on X celebrity and did visit the Aquarium. We hired a taxi to take us to Grand Anse and then to the Aquarium. It is about 15 minutes ride from Grand Anse. It's a beautiful, secluded and small resort/beach. The cost was $20 one way for 3 for 2 stops (Grand Anse and the Aquarium).

cpham2,

How long was yor stop at grand anse?

Did they have beach lounges available at the aquarium, for hire or otherwise?

Which beach did you enjoy the most?

Did you see anyone snorkeling?

Sorry about all the queations!!!

They do have some beach chairs/lounges which you can use (at no cost). The snorkeling was good. The best thing is there was no vendors trying to sell you anything. Personally, I like the Aquarium better than Grand Anse. Keep in mind that the Aquarium has a smaller beach than Grand Anse but much more secluded/private. If you want piece and quiet this is the place. The Aquarium has a bar and restaurant just a few steps from the beach.

Archived