Upgrade??

We are first-timers sailing on Jan 7- Majesty. I got what I think is a great price for two but did the guarantee ocean view. We are on deck two. Since I am new to cruising, I don't really care where we are. I just want the experience and to get away for the weekend. I just need a place to sleep. I'm wondering if it's possible if RC ever upgrades, what the chances are, how much to upgrade, etc? Any suggestions?

i booked a guarantee inside room for our jan 3 cruise navigator. because the price dropped i was upgraded to an ocean view on deck 3. for an xtra 140$ i was able to upgrade to a guarantee balcony. once assigned my room i was able to switch to any room in that same category (d1). i was very suprised how accommodating rccl was! :)

• 2 weeks later...

There is always a chance, but your best bet is to watch for potential upgrades, yourself. Watch for higher oceanview categories to get closer to the rate you paid. If you see it, call them up (or your TA) and ask to be upgraded. If it is available, they will move you.

Archived