Comfort of sofa bed in Princess suites?

fletcher57

Hi, I'm in the beginning stages of planning a cruise or cruise tour to Alaska. The person I've been talking to who seems very anxious to go now wants to invite her daughter. So there would be three adult women in one cabin. So it sounds as though we would want a suite balcony or mini-suite with balcony. Has anybody slept in one of the sofa beds in one of these suites? Any comments re comfort? Any other comments about three people to a suite? Thanks. Joyce

We had a mini on the Grand in Oct and our adult son slept on the sofa. He is 6 feet tall and told us he thought it was not bad at all. It flips over and they make it up like a bed. Granted it is not the same as your bed at home but none of them are!!! We found the bed in the mini to be very comfortable. Think the mattresses are an upgrade. We did not even need the egg crate and we have always gotten them in the regular double rooms. He loved the fact that he had his own tv too. Really worked out great. Good cruising!!!

I used one one night when I wasn't feeling well. It's about as comfortable as any sleeper sofa. Not the worst place to sleep, and an extra foam mattress will help a lot. Or as noted, some cabins sleep 3 adults with a pulldown bed and 2 twin configuration (that would be my first choice if avail).

That said, if the third person is petite, they may consider sleeping on it in sofa mode. I catnapped on one all the time and its quite comfy that way!

My best friend, her husband and I shared a mini-suite on the Crown for a 12 night British Isles Cruise. I had the sofa and had no complaints at all. Granted it was not my bed at home, but I've had much less comfortable accommodations in a few hotels. We're taking another Crown cruise in September - again sharing a mini-suite.:D

Archived