pre registering for camp carnival

rhonnah

I am trying to work on our cruise documents and want to pre-register the kids. Got one done without an issue but the other 2 are in a different room with their older sister. Because I'm not listed on that room (though our details are linked) it won't let me do the registration. Any suggestions?

Rhonda

I've had the same problem. My children are booked in a connecting room to ours. The Carnival vacation Planner booked the younger two by themselves,. I was abele to book excursionsand attach them to our booking. I was not able to preregister:( for the kids club. guess I have to wait until onboard.:(

The "pre-registration" is just having the forms completed. Camp Carnival has a list of every child, with dates of birth, on the Ship before you board.

I know this because either I on the fun pass or my TA during booking gave hubby the same date of birth as my 8 year old. When we went to check her into Camp the first day they asked if we "knew" hubby and even pointed out his name on a pre-printed list. We made our next stop at guest services to "age" DH.

If you can print blank forms and just write in the information, it will save a little time on the ship. Some ships let you turn in the forms during the open house the first day and you can skip the registration that evening.

My son is 16 and I preregistered him and all it did was type in his information on the form so I could print it. It really didn't register him. I forgot the forms at home so when he went the first night to the teen club, they gave him forms to have us fill out so he had to hunt us down in karaoke and have me fill out the forms so he could attend the teen club. Lame. So much for preregistering.

My son is 16 and I preregistered him and all it did was type in his information on the form so I could print it. It really didn't register him. I forgot the forms at home so when he went the first night to the teen club, they gave him forms to have us fill out so he had to hunt us down in karaoke and have me fill out the forms so he could attend the teen club. Lame. So much for preregistering.

Exactly. The term is quite misleading. Forms were available prior to boarding our last cruise. We filled them out while waiting and the kids just turned them in the first night and got their assigned camp carnival sticker on their S&S card.

This past cruise (Pride) was the first time stickers were put on their S&S cards. But the counselor stated during the first night parent talk that they would not be allowed in 'club room' without a sticker.

Later I asked the kids if they were strict about the stickers and got a resounding "YES"

On the last cruise we went on in July 2009, I pre-registered my 2 boys, ages 4 and 8 at the time, and I have to say, it saved time at the end of the parent orientation. I just walked up and handed them over. One of the counselors looked it over and said "great, you're done". It was very crowded -- so I was glad that I had done it in advance. ;)

I've done the same for our upcoming cruise this week on the Dream. It does save time, compared to having to do so on the first day you take your kids to Camp Carnival (as we've done on 2 or 3 previous cruises).

But don't worry -- either way, you'll be just fine! Enjoy your cruise.

Archived