Switching credit cards mid-week for S&S

WeatherGeek

Last week on the Valor, we had to switch credit cards midway through the week...we signed up using mine and switched to my boyfriend's card. I checked the balance on my credit card online today and my card was still charged a portion of the balance. His card was charged the remainder of the balance.

I just wanted to let people know that even if you switch cards mid-week (I don't think people do it often, but if one needs to for whatever reason), the first card you signed up with may still be charged a portion of the balance.

There is a paper you must sign at the purser's desk with specific instructions to make sure Carnival charges it according to your instructions. It has to be sent in to Carnival. I did this...they still had a hold on the initial card when we came in but it was removed in a few days. The second card was charged the full amount.

Did you sign the instruction sheet or did you just ask them to switch the card without specific instructions?

Yes I still have the sheet that I signed that said my card would not be charged anything. I called Carnival and everything is straightened out. It is not even an issue or any kind of big deal about my card being charged. I just wanted to let people know to watch out for something like this.

Archived