Safety of car at stay and cruise hotels

appgirl

Hi, We had thought about staying at one of the hotels for our upcoming cruise at Port Canaveral that allow you to leave your car parked and take a shuttle to the pier. I wanted to know if you felt your car was safe and if anyone had any problems with leaving your car there as opposed to the pier. Also, was there a long wait after the cruise for the shuttle back to the hotel. Just wondering what everyones experience has been like?

I can't speak for Florida, so forgive me if you'd rather not hear my response, but we did this in Galveston when we sailed the Ecstasy, and it was fine. The hotel shuttle seemed to be very experienced in the routine of picking up passengers after the cruise. They had a designated spot for shuttles, and we just waited there for our hotel shuttle. I do recall having to wait until the next shuttle pick up, which might have been 30 minutes or so, but I didn't think it was too bad given the chaos of getting off a cruise ship. The car was fine when we got back (obviously don't leave any valuables in the car or in sight of anyone). I'm sure the experience of doing this varies greatly, but hopefully you will have a good experience. Hope this helps.

Archived