Need a beach recommendation

ShellyV

Looking for a beach recommendation for Belize. We don't want to snorkel. Just someplace to relax for a few hours. Would like chairs, a bathroom, and a bar however.

We're hoping to hire a taxi to take us to Altun Ha so wanted somewhere to hang out before getting back on the ship.

Thanks!

Looking for a beach recommendation for Belize. We don't want to snorkel. Just someplace to relax for a few hours. Would like chairs, a bathroom, and a bar however.

We're hoping to hire a taxi to take us to Altun Ha so wanted somewhere to hang out before getting back on the ship.

Thanks!

I haven't found anything on the mainland close enough to the port, so it's a water taxi to a small island. The only island that has lounge chairs is Bannister island and they don't offer beach breaks to carnival. The first tour company(Eco) I had booked is now denied of going there because of new ownership of this island.

I'm now working with another company(Coral B) but you have to do a activity like a Manatee watch then bannister, but I'm willing to get there.

Belize is going through a change at the port area and we are in the middle of them sorting things out. Which is sad for us but will be better for future guest.

Thanks!

Have your taxi drop you off at Cucumber Beach, if they are open. Only place on the mainland. You won't have time to do both Altun Ha and a water taxi to Caye Caulker or excursion to Bannister island, if it's open. See this thread for some links.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1320358

Have your taxi drop you off at Cucumber Beach, if they are open. Only place on the mainland. You won't have time to do both Altun Ha and a water taxi to Caye Caulker or excursion to Bannister island, if it's open. See this thread for some links.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1320358

I agree.

• 3 weeks later...
I just got word that Cucumber Beach is out of commission. So, back to Bannister Island. Don't really want to do the manatee watch. Can we catch a water taxi at port to take us to the island?

I believe you have to book an excursion to get to BI. or take a water taxi to Caye Caulker if you don't want to do Coral Breeze's excursion tothere or BI. I don't think Carnival offers a BI excursion anymore. Here's the latest water taxi schedule and $. Just remember the times are Belize times not ship times.

http://www.belizewatertaxi.com/

I believe you have to book an excursion to get to BI. or take a water taxi to Caye Caulker if you don't want to do Coral Breeze's excursion tothere or BI. I don't think Carnival offers a BI excursion anymore. Here's the latest water taxi schedule and $. Just remember the times are Belize times not ship times.

http://www.belizewatertaxi.com/

Thank you for the information!!!!!:)

Archived