Called by the Upsell Fairy

Ithocles

I was called by the upsell fairy! We're sailing in our first suite, with two adults and my 14 year old nephew who is going on his first cruise. Knowing that the price difference between the OS and GS was quite substantial, I was nevertheless hoping for a deal I couldn't say no to. While they offered what I thought was a good deal, I did have to decline.

They offered us the GS for $620 more than we have currently paid, which she said was $310 more for the first two passengers with no additional cost for the third person. That's exactly $500 less that what it would have cost us to book the GS. Technically it's a good deal, and while I wish I would have been able to take it, I just can't rationalize the extra $610. It would have been a good splurge though. I'm still just tickled pink with our suite.

I received a call from the upsell fairy on my first cruise, but we wanted to keep our aft cabin. We didn't hear from them on the last cruise, but did for this one. Maybe it's a pattern with us! <grin> Guess I better keep booking cruises!!!!

-Danny

I was called by the upsell fairy! We're sailing in our first suite, with two adults and my 14 year old nephew who is going on his first cruise. Knowing that the price difference between the OS and GS was quite substantial, I was nevertheless hoping for a deal I couldn't say no to. While they offered what I thought was a good deal, I did have to decline.

They offered us the GS for $620 more than we have currently paid, which she said was $310 more for the first two passengers with no additional cost for the third person. That's exactly $500 less that what it would have cost us to book the GS. Technically it's a good deal, and while I wish I would have been able to take it, I just can't rationalize the extra $610. It would have been a good splurge though. I'm still just tickled pink with our suite.

I received a call from the upsell fairy on my first cruise, but we wanted to keep our aft cabin. We didn't hear from them on the last cruise, but did for this one. Maybe it's a pattern with us! <grin> Guess I better keep booking cruises!!!!

-Danny

It is fun to get the call and have a choice at least. I hope you enjoy your OS suite! I agree that you need to keep booking cruises. ;-)

We got the upsell call for our upcoming Christmas cruise. I don't usually take the upsell, but did this time because it was only $15 pp.

Happy cruising!

I too was contact by the upsell fairy, oops he said upsell ninja. I booked my cruise in Feb and have been very diligent in looking for the decreases in price. I had in had so many credits for the cruise I had over a third of my money in OBC. Having never tried a suite I did take the upgrade and I still have on board credit!!

Only 4 more days to land in San Juan and cruise two days later! Excitement is not quite the word that expresses it all!

Archived