Dive Ops in St. Kitts

CaribKng

Does anyone know of or have any suggestions for a dive op in St. Kitt? We will be going in April on the Emerald Princess and they are not offering any diving as of yet.

Thanks in advance....

We will be doing St Kitts in March and I plan on booking with Kenneth's Dive Center - St. Kitts. I have read good things about them on a web site that gives advise about trips.

Richie

You might try Dive St. Kitts.

A couple years ago our group of seven arranged for a private three stop snorkel trip with them. We were very pleased with the crew, boat and the locations they took us to.

They came right to the pier to meet us.

Hope this helps.

100_0189.jpg.e573bfeda86d00bb4ba54fa14062ca59.jpg

We dive with Kenneth & Vajai and the crew on St. Kitts - and have been for many years. We were there in October, and will be back in March (can't wait!).

Walk off the ship, under the green hat thing into the square, turn left, and their boats are straight ahead. It couldn't be easier!

Picture below is Keith, Kenneth and I in October on their small boat.

Have a wonderful trip!

Wendy

dive pix

http://community.webshots.com/user/wendyandkeith

website (a bit out of date)

http://wendyandkeith.webs.com/

wkk.jpg.6b7f642476bdf76ad9a7810720a88ed7.jpg

My wife and I dove with Pro Divers as well. Good outfit, nice boat, and very close to the cruise ship terminal. You can see their dive boat from the cruise ship. Plus they picked us up, and dropped us off. We set up our trip the night before, and had a very uncrowded relaxed dive.

-Mike

We were just in St. Kitts in mid Dec. We also used Pro divers. We spoke with Margot. She met us at the dock at 12 noon and we walked to another dock to meet the boat. We then went to the dive shop picked up 2 other people and our equipment.

It was very relaxed. There were 4 dive masters for 4 people. The other 2 people were getting their open water certification and we never saw them.

• 1 year later...

Since there don't seem to be any recent experiences with Kenneth's let me tell you that my husband was unimpressed with his experience today. He had to go searching for Kenneth after waiting in the designated spot for almost 20 minutes, then found he was booked with two people doing a Discover Scuba class. While Kenneth was nice, he didn't do much to show my husband and another experienced diver who fortunately walked up, a good experience. There was no water available, although the email confirmation stated there would be.

All in all, very disappointing and he would not recommend them.

• 2 months later...

One more vote for Pro Divers. I did a one day (2 tank) dive from the Carnival Victory last summer with them. I had a great set of dives.

We just got back from spending a week on the island and dove with them for four days. They did a really good job with the intermixed set of divers, some who were newly certified and others who had a ton of experience.

St Kitts has some really diverse diving. They have some wrecks, one of which is really shallow. The reefs are in good shape and there are some walls for those who like dives that are a little deeper. They even have their own fresh warm water vent located in one of the reefs.

I have dove from each port that Carnival Victory stops at and I have to say that St Kitts diving was my favorite. St Thomas was a definite close second.

Here are a couple of shots I took while diving in St Kitts:

DSC_6748.jpg

DSC_6783.jpg

Since there don't seem to be any recent experiences with Kenneth's let me tell you that my husband was unimpressed with his experience today. He had to go searching for Kenneth after waiting in the designated spot for almost 20 minutes, then found he was booked with two people doing a Discover Scuba class. While Kenneth was nice, he didn't do much to show my husband and another experienced diver who fortunately walked up, a good experience. There was no water available, although the email confirmation stated there would be.

All in all, very disappointing and he would not recommend them.

I'm sorry that your husband had a disappointing experience, and really don't know how that could have happened.

We have been diving with Kenneth and his crew for YEARS, and everything has always been top-notch. We will be back with Kenneth at the beginning of November, and again in March.

That being said, you are not normally guaranteed a particular instructor or divemaster (although it can happen). We have been diving with Kenneth himself, Vajai, Wendy, Barry, DJ, etc. etc. etc. in the many years we have been diving on St. Kitts.

If your hubby was on one of the big cat boats, the water was in the cooler on the very back of the deck, typically on the starboard side. If he was on the speedboat, I believe that the water is normally located either in a cooler behind the driver, or in one of the side lockers.

Hopefully your husband's next cruising dive experience will be more to his liking.

Wendy

We have heard good things about Dive St Kitts and Prodivers and are not sure who we will dive when we're there next year.

Has anyone used both and can compare?

We ended up using Pro Divers when we went in 2011. They were very good and we would not hesitate to use them again. The boat had plenty of room, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and they made the overall dive experience great. Hope this helps a little. Hope you have a great trip.

Archived