NFL Playoffs

Woje17

My beloved Bears won the division last night and will possibly be playing a playoff game or 2 when I am on the Glory on January 9-16. Does anybody know from the past if Carnival will be showing playoff games? Thanks!

They will be played in the sport bars for sure. Depending on what the CD has planned sometimes its on the Seaside Theatre.

I'm hoping they have regular ESPN for Monday Night Football. I noticed on Carnival site they list ESPN International. Next Monday a congregation of Who Dats will be rockin the Conquest sports lounge, either with TV or short wave radio!

since all of these games will be on CBS or FOX and will be national coverage you will have no problem seeing them. They will either be playing in a bar, on the seaside Theater screan or at the very least in your room on the local TV. The TV stations are from Denver, but with National TV that would not matter it will be playing everywhere

I hope I'm worng, but don't count on seeing the playoff games once your ship leaves the US, or comes within a couple hours of returning to US. As someone mentioned, they switch to Satellite once they leave, and unless the playoffs you are talking about are soccer, you will not see them. Super Bowl maybe, but NFL, playoffs, and NCAA football bowl games, I doubt it. I have only personally experienced missing the playoffs once, but have missed other key sporting events, like NCAA tourneys.

I hope I'm worng, but don't count on seeing the playoff games once your ship leaves the US, or comes within a couple hours of returning to US. As someone mentioned, they switch to Satellite once they leave, and unless the playoffs you are talking about are soccer, you will not see them. Super Bowl maybe, but NFL, playoffs, and NCAA football bowl games, I doubt it. I have only personally experienced missing the playoffs once, but have missed other key sporting events, like NCAA tourneys.

They NFL playoffs will be broadcast onboard. Like the previous post stated they will be on national tv so there will no problem seeing them.

If they are your beloved Bears, you might want to think about not watching them in the playoffs. You saw what happened to them when they've had to face stronger teams like the Patriots and Giants. It might ruin your vacation for you.

(Though they did somehow manager to beat the Eagles, so it's not impossible they could register an upset I guess)

If they are your beloved Bears, you might want to think about not watching them in the playoffs. You saw what happened to them when they've had to face stronger teams like the Patriots and Giants. It might ruin your vacation for you.

(Though they did somehow manager to beat the Eagles, so it's not impossible they could register an upset I guess)

Carnival Liberty - E. Carib 9/10

Carnival Legend - W. Carib 2/08

Carnival Miracle - W. Carib 8/05

Celebrity Zenith - Bermuda 9/00

Royal Caribbean Sovereign - E. Carib 12/93

Last edited by Earthworm Jim; Today at 02:47 PM.

Superbowl XX -- 1986

Bears 46 Patriots 10

No Worries -- it's all good!

I may loose my man card over this. I like football just as much as the next guy, but after shelling out thousands of dollars for a vacation, the last thing on my mind is trying to figure out if I can watch a playoff game!

Spend time with your family to goodness sake! DVR the game and avoid newspapers during your vacation. Better yet, sit out by the pool and stare at all the women in the bikinis!:D

I will now step down from my soapbox.

If the games are on NBC, ABC, CBS, or FOX, you will get to see them on the ship. Your stateroom will carry the Denver feed for those stations throughout the entire cruise. The sports bar will most likely be showing it. It may even be outside on the big screen, but for sure, you can see it in your stateroom.

However, if ESPN carries the games, I wouldn't count on seeing it. No ESPN in the staterooms, and the sports bar doesn't have our ESPN. It's the International version, which usually means lots of soccer and little of anything else.

We were on the Splendor for the SuperBowl and it was played on the big screen on the lido deck. Talk about a blast!! It was so much fun!

And Boooo Bears! :p Go Green Bay - hopefully they beat the Giants on Sunday to stay in the running for a playoff. Now that Aaron Rodgers has been cleared to play maybe we'll stand a chance! :D

Next couple of weeks for the NFC West will definitely be interesting to watch.

If the games are on NBC, ABC, CBS, or FOX, you will get to see them on the ship. Your stateroom will carry the Denver feed for those stations throughout the entire cruise. The sports bar will most likely be showing it. It may even be outside on the big screen, but for sure, you can see it in your stateroom.

However, if ESPN carries the games, I wouldn't count on seeing it. No ESPN in the staterooms, and the sports bar doesn't have our ESPN. It's the International version, which usually means lots of soccer and little of anything else.

We have watched many NFL and NCAA games on ESPN International. The games will the the regular announcers and the commericals will be in spanish. They have like four ESPN International channels in the bars and the bartenders have the control. Just ask them to find the game. We've done this many times.

I like football just as much as the next guy

Not worried about your man-card...but I will have to take issue with this part of your statement......"the next guy", when HIS team is on, would jump overboard and swim through shark-infested waters to see a playoff game on 60" HD.

I may loose my man card over this. I like football just as much as the next guy, but after shelling out thousands of dollars for a vacation, the last thing on my mind is trying to figure out if I can watch a playoff game!

Spend time with your family to goodness sake! DVR the game and avoid newspapers during your vacation. Better yet, sit out by the pool and stare at all the women in the bikinis!:D

I will now step down from my soapbox.

Your man card is gone. Two years ago I was way out in the mountains in central Guatemala. Hiked 4 miles through the hills and took a boat across a lake so I could get to a gringo bar that was showing the Pats/Colts game. No matter where you are---get it done.

Your man card is gone. Two years ago I was way out in the mountains in central Guatemala. Hiked 4 miles through the hills and took a boat across a lake so I could get to a gringo bar that was showing the Pats/Colts game. No matter where you are---get it done.

That's what I'm talking about!!!! A fan doesn't miss the playoffs (or in my case, a bowl game) just because you're on a cruise ship. GET IT DONE.

We were on the Splendor for the SuperBowl and it was played on the big screen on the lido deck. Talk about a blast!! It was so much fun!

And Boooo Bears! :p Go Green Bay - hopefully they beat the Giants on Sunday to stay in the running for a playoff. Now that Aaron Rodgers has been cleared to play maybe we'll stand a chance! :D

Next couple of weeks for the NFC West will definitely be interesting to watch.

No problems watching playoffs on the cruise! On our first cruise (January 2008) the Packers played the Seahawks in the playoffs at the same time we were to set sail. We hurried through the muster drill to get down to the sports bar and had prime seats for the game. The Packer win got us off to a great start to the cruise! Nothing like wearing your team colors on your way to the Caribbean, but we had to go shopping before the trip as all our Packer gear was sweatshirts, etc (ya know, cold in WI during football season). I am holding out hope the Packers can limp along through their injuries, get in the playoffs then make it to the second week so we can do it again on the Valor this January!

Archived