NFL Playoffs

Woje17

You obviously don't like football as much as the next guy if you're going to tivo a game and wait a week to watch it. Even if I couldn't watch it I would be on my phone checking the score every 5 minutes. Let's just hope the Bears get that first round bye!

I may loose my man card over this. I like football just as much as the next guy, but after shelling out thousands of dollars for a vacation, the last thing on my mind is trying to figure out if I can watch a playoff game!

Spend time with your family to goodness sake! DVR the game and avoid newspapers during your vacation. Better yet, sit out by the pool and stare at all the women in the bikinis!:D

I will now step down from my soapbox.

I may lose my man card over this, I like women in bikinis as much as the next guy but when my beloved pats are in the playoffs just show me to the Sports bar please

I'm hoping they have regular ESPN for Monday Night Football. I noticed on Carnival site they list ESPN International. Next Monday a congregation of Who Dats will be rockin the Conquest sports lounge, either with TV or short wave radio!

The Espn International channel shows MNF.

GO SAINTS!!!!

I may lose my man card over this, I like women in bikinis as much as the next guy but when my beloved pats are in the playoffs just show me to the Sports bar please

Take a Sports Illustrated on the ship and watch the game.

As for me, the only postseason news I care about is whether Jason Garrett gets the full-time head coaching job for the Cowboys.

no problems watching playoffs on the cruise! On our first cruise (january 2008) the packers played the seahawks in the playoffs at the same time we were to set sail. We hurried through the muster drill to get down to the sports bar and had prime seats for the game. The packer win got us off to a great start to the cruise! Nothing like wearing your team colors on your way to the caribbean, but we had to go shopping before the trip as all our packer gear was sweatshirts, etc (ya know, cold in wi during football season). I am holding out hope the packers can limp along through their injuries, get in the playoffs then make it to the second week so we can do it again on the valor this january!

go pack go!

We were on a cruise on the Imagination in January 2009 and were able to watch the NFL playoffs. It was actually fun because there was a group of people gathered in the bar at the back of the ship near the Promenade... and so it was fun to root on our team with others!

I may loose my man card over this. I like football just as much as the next guy, but after shelling out thousands of dollars for a vacation, the last thing on my mind is trying to figure out if I can watch a playoff game!

Spend time with your family to goodness sake! DVR the game and avoid newspapers during your vacation. Better yet, sit out by the pool and stare at all the women in the bikinis!:D

I will now step down from my soapbox.

A lot of the playoff games will have a night game so if they do show them on the seaside theater you get the game and the bikinis. Although the cruise I went on didn't have a lot of lookers (I'm not a "looker" myself) anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Related to this topic ... NCAA National Championship (Auburn vs. Oregon) is Jan 10, and that is the first day of our cruise on Imagination from Miami to Key West/Cozumel. Any ideas on the best place to watch the game on the ship?

Is there an outside big screen on this ship? That would be pretty cool.

Related to this topic ... NCAA National Championship (Auburn vs. Oregon) is Jan 10, and that is the first day of our cruise on Imagination from Miami to Key West/Cozumel. Any ideas on the best place to watch the game on the ship?

Is there an outside big screen on this ship? That would be pretty cool.

No, there is no outside big screen. Your best place to watch the game(IMHO) is the aft lounge on the promenade. Have done it for many sports. Lynda

Archived