Refund if cancel cruise?

htmlll

Two weeks ago I put down a deposit for Explorer of the Seas, Oct 9th. My final payment is not due until July. My husband is in the Military, we just found out that they want to Deploy him either to Iraq or Kosavo (spelling?) for 14 months. Im assuming I will get a full refund of my deposit but if I make my final payment and we have to cancel the cruise what will happen as far as a refund?

Thank You!

Two weeks ago I put down a deposit for Explorer of the Seas, Oct 9th. My final payment is not due until July. My husband is in the Military, we just found out that they want to Deploy him either to Iraq or Kosavo (spelling?) for 14 months. Im assuming I will get a full refund of my deposit but if I make my final payment and we have to cancel the cruise what will happen as far as a refund?

Thank You!

I would hope that any company would refund in total for a reason like this, regardless of their refund policy or the date.. If this gets dragged out and you have any problems with a refund, please let us know so all of us old Vets can speak out as one to the company. God Bless your husband and God Bless you. Wives of military get way too little credit for their own service to our country.

For deployment reasons the cruiselines normally wave the cancellation fee. However, RCI is one that is not very compassionate. Carnival has been very helpful in this type of situation. I would contact RCI customer service and see what they say, take down the name of the person you spoke with the date and time and GOOD LUCK!!!! our prayers are with all our servicemen keeping the US safe.

I would hope that any company would refund in total for a reason like this, regardless of their refund policy or the date.. If this gets dragged out and you have any problems with a refund, please let us know so all of us old Vets can speak out as one to the company. God Bless your husband and God Bless you. Wives of military get way too little credit for their own service to our country.

THANK YOU! This will be our 2nd deployment, the 1st to Bosnia for 9 months. My son was to young then to understand but he is 9 now and very close to his father. I love my Husband and I will support him in anyway I can and so will his son.

Once again THANK YOU! People that have been or are in the Military now are very special people.

I asked the same question and they say that though sometimes they will refund your money do not count on it. If you are not sure then I would just wait until you are sure. You have a lot of time so you can still wait until final payment to make your decision. Don't trust when they say he will be back becaus ethey are usually worng. Go with when he is back!

If you cancel up to 70 days prior to departure they "say" they'll refund 100% of the cruise price. Some travel agencies (especially online companies) charge a cancellation fee. My company would charge me $75.00 for any cancellation or changes.Good luck and God bless...

A Big Thank you to our Military. But let's not forget Our Police and Fire Departmants who are keeping thing safe here.

My GOD!! You are so right!!!. I get so mixed up in my own life sometimes I forget about all the other great service members!!

Thank You for reminding me!!

We have cancelled outside of the penalty period (i.e., more than 70 days before the cruise). As for RCI, they will refund all of your money (regardless of whether final payment has been made) as long as you are still outside the penalty period. Some TAs do charge cancellation fees. Ask about those up front--those may be able to be waived for your situation.

I recommend you get trip insurance. That way, if you cancel MOST policies will reimburse your penalties (which are anything from deposit amount to 100% depending on when in the penalty period you cancel). It will also cover airfare, etc. if you get a policy that includes such things (don't know if the cruiseline's own policy does). I remember reading one policy that listed active military being deployed as a covered item.

I do believe that our service men and women (in all professions) give a great deal of themselves and should be honored, and I thank them and wish them all to be safe and come home to their loved ones. However, RCI is a business--they don't see it the same way. To them (as it should be in business), rules are rules. That's why I say: get insurance. It will be one less thing for you to worry about. I think military (and fire/police) spouses have enough to deal with without adding the worry of losing money.

I will send good thoughts to you and your husband.

beachchick (writing from DH's computer)

Archived