MSC questions

buckirj1

"Service is not a forte. Front desk, unless you are able to communicate in Italian (I had no issues, and was quickly taken care of at each request) but did notice that others were treated less than polite, very curt answers, or we cannot accommodate etc)

Cafeteria staff: particularly the Romanian servers, very cold, and sometimes rude to some."

These sentences I extracted from your review of your cruise on MSC POESIA. I had a very similar experience...and I do believe that some cruisers got better service and some even worse. Our MDR server was very inefficient,unpleasant and made constant mistakes,while a few tables next to us people were getting the same good service which is common on other cruiselines.

At the front desk I observed the same attitude as you described as "others were treated less than polite...." and no,you do not have to suggest that it was my or those treated that way own fault.It was not!

What else are you dying for to hear?

Once and for all..I have always stated that this line like others has its strong points and weaknesses...AND YES, I did notice SOME ISSUES THAT I WAS NOT PARTICULARLY IMPRESSED WITH.

With that said, i still enjoyed my experience, therefor, I think it is what YOU make of it. If I were to rate these cruises with my land experiences it would be a strong 3. And there are so many variables that go into determining this, including food subjectivity.

I have never blindly stated that there are no better lines, and how could I, I have not tried others. (but soon will, 58 days and counting....)

My point, as it has always been is, you either like it or you do not.

I honestly believe that those who were not satisfied with their MSC experience base it on their own factual experience. It has nothing to do with an accumulated amount of reviews, those may only be informative guidelines..or heads up on items that may or may not be attractive to you.

Different people cruise with a vast criteria, some do not, that does not mean that you discount it because it is not to your particular taste.

In the last 20 years I have done numerous land resorts, from 3-5 star, and each had its little hicks, I would not go on a forum and discount any one of them, because I did my research and was fairly prepared on what to expect.

Those who did not enjoy or find MSC to their liking have come to these forums and questioned the "agenda " of those who do, and scold them repeatedly when they counter with positives. Let them, they are expressing their views, in whatever way they want.

I do not for one minute believe that they are less than truthful in their words.

Off topic:

Next Sunday the 2nd UNDERCOVER BOSS will be airing an episode with the NCL CEO. I am sure that those of us who enjoy cruising will find the behind the scenes look very interesting.

Each week, “Undercover Boss” follows a different executive as he or she leaves the comfort of the corner office for an undercover mission to examine the inner workings of their companies. While working alongside their employees, they see the effects that their decisions have on others, where the problems lie within their organizations and get an up-close look at both the good and the bad while discovering the unsung heroes who make their companies run.

..Now can we all just continue adding comments to posters rather than attacking and dissecting each others posts (myself included)

"Service is not a forte. Front desk, unless you are able to communicate in Italian (I had no issues, and was quickly taken care of at each request) but did notice that others were treated less than polite, very curt answers, or we cannot accommodate etc)

Cafeteria staff: particularly the Romanian servers, very cold, and sometimes rude to some."

These sentences I extracted from your review of your cruise on MSC POESIA. I had a very similar experience...and I do believe that some cruisers got better service and some even worse. Our MDR server was very inefficient,unpleasant and made constant mistakes,while a few tables next to us people were getting the same good service which is common on other cruiselines.

At the front desk I observed the same attitude as you described as "others were treated less than polite...." and no,you do not have to suggest that it was my or those treated that way own fault.It was not!

What else are you dying for to hear?

I love it:D:D:D

... It has nothing to do with an accumulated amount of reviews ...

OK, so you don't put any credence in the 3.3 accumulated overall ranking of MSC by CC members then?

... I were to rate these cruises with my land experiences it would be a strong 3 ...

OK, so safe to say about equal to the 3.3 accumulated overall ranking of MSC by CC members then?

Thanks for the heads up on the forthcoming Undercover Boss episode. It will probably be a while before that filters down to Australian TV but I'll watch out for it.

OK, so you don't put any credence in the 3.3 accumulated overall ranking of MSC by CC members then?

OK, so safe to say about equal to the 3.3 accumulated overall ranking of MSC by CC members then?

Actually, I cannot comment until I try other lines...I am comparing to land based vacations.

Thanks for the heads up on the forthcoming Undercover Boss episode. It will probably be a while before that filters down to Australian TV but I'll watch out for it.

Try an online search the day after it may be available to stream on SurfTheChannel (Season 2 Episode 12)

..Now can we all just continue adding comments to posters rather than attacking and dissecting each others posts (myself included)

Well,MTL,that is the best idea I've ever heard from you...but you are the one of the few who always jump at us,who criticize something on MSC.

I,personally,have not started posting here to "wage a war" on other posters. I came to this board after my cruise on MSC Splendida,where I had been surprised by lack of good customer service in several areas,and tried to find out more about this cruise line. Since then I am being constantly surprised by several extreme defenders who just do not accept that someone had not have such a great experience as they. They have a right to post their side,I/we have a right to post our side. I have never seen a reason to fight each other.

I,too,thank you for the info regarding the "Undercover Boss" which is a show that I like to watch.And the one on cruise ships is going to be interesting for us cruisers.

Well,MTL,that is the best idea I've ever heard from you...but you are the one of the few who always jump at us,who criticize something on MSC.

I,personally,have not started posting here to "wage a war" on other posters. I came to this board after my cruise on MSC Splendida,where I had been surprised by lack of good customer service in several areas,and tried to find out more about this cruise line. Since then I am being constantly surprised by several extreme defenders who just do not accept that someone had not have such a great experience as they. They have a right to post their side,I/we have a right to post our side. I have never seen a reason to fight each other.

I,too,thank you for the info regarding the "Undercover Boss" which is a show that I like to watch.And the one on cruise ships is going to be interesting for us cruisers.

Fair enough...

About Undercover Boss, I regularly view this show and enjoy it, not sure how real it is at this point, or how much is staged.

Apparently in this episode his cover is blown...so, yes it may be a good laugh too.

"OK, so safe to say about equal to the 3.3 accumulated overall ranking of MSC by CC members then?"

Andrew K: I just looked at the recent Poesia reviews. It's interesting that of the five reviews posted in December 2010, there is one 5+, two 5, one 3, and one NR. That makes an average much higher than your 3.3, at least for the month of December. Is it a trend?

Yep, only 11% felt MSC was the best cruise line.

42% like COSTA, owned and operated by Carnival Corp, and I can agree with that, they offer a very good product and the lines I have tried are some of my favorites.

But 92% of the Italian cruisers sail on either MSC or Costa. RCL shares the majority of the 8% who cruise the other lines.

Whats your point? Who cares who likes MSC and who doesnt. Sounds like you have an ax to grind or just maybe your one of those shills that are paid by RCCL to bad mouth other cruise lines. I have not seen you on any of the other. So whatsyour story??

Yep, only 11% felt MSC was the best cruise line.

42% like COSTA, owned and operated by Carnival Corp, and I can agree with that, they offer a very good product and the lines I have tried are some of my favorites.

I noticed on your signature that you have done both NCL and MSC.

Can you give me a brief description on what to expect different from MSC...I will be on our first NCL soon, and have been on the NCL boards, there too there are strong supporters and those less impressed.

Without getting into a put down war, I would appreciate some simple points ...from you or any others who have done both lines...thanks in advance.

I noticed on your signature that you have done both NCL and MSC.

Can you give me a brief description on what to expect different from MSC...I will be on our first NCL soon, and have been on the NCL boards, there too there are strong supporters and those less impressed.

Without getting into a put down war, I would appreciate some simple comparisons...from you or any others who have done both lines...thanks in advance.

Almost all of the differences are subjective to my likes and opinion except the anytime dining option on NCL, which while not a deal breaker, we really like having the ability to come back from a port and eat in the MDR when we like, not on a fixed schedule as on MSC.

The other, subjective, opinionated things are: NCL is "friendlier", the food is "better" and it has a "happier" atmosphere compared to MSC's.

We had good cruises on both, we rate NCL below CCL & HAL on food quality, I haven't had good luck in the MDR, but the for pay specialty restaurants were excellent.

My reviews are here:

Under my previous alias as NCboatboy

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=65555

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=54131

Didn't review the jewel

Don't misunderstand me, I would sail MSC again, with just managed expectations.

Almost all of the differences are subjective to my likes and opinion except the anytime dining option on NCL, which while not a deal breaker, we really like having the ability to come back from a port and eat in the MDR when we like, not on a fixed schedule as on MSC.

I think we will like that option too, especially with young kids...

... It's interesting that of the five reviews posted in December 2010, there is one 5+, two 5, one 3, and one NR. That makes an average much higher than your 3.3, at least for the month of December. Is it a trend?

One could hope that it is perhaps a trend and that MSC are at last taking some notice and responding to the common criticisms instead of burying their heads in the sand ... but I'm not convinced. There have been times where the average over a month has been well below the cumulative 3.3. Time will tell.

I think we will like that option too, especially with young kids...

I think you will too, most lines now offer it as an option. I believe it offers a fresher meal, as food can be cooked and served on a constant "production line" rather than trying to have half the ships meals prepared and on time @ 6 then the other half ready to go by 8.

Really, we enjoyed it in alaska and the med, with the extended port times, when we would stumble in late from an excursion and be able to grab a quick shower and then eat before heading to bed for another busy day.

I'm considering a future Canada/NE cruise on MSC. I have some questions, and I'd like to ask them all at once. I haven't found answers (or found conflicting answers).

1. Open or fixed seating at dinner?

2. Evening buffet (found conflicting answers on this...bear in mind I'm doing a North American cruise, not a European one)

3. Self-serve laundry?

4. Dimensions of shower/shower size? Please compare MSC shower size to that of other cruise lines if you can.

5. General bathroom setup; i.e., where the sink is placed, where the toilet is placed, etc.

6. plain unsweetened iced tea available anytime?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Here are some details that may help you.

PROBLEMS WITH MSC MAGNIFICA 2010 as seen by someone with over 17 cruises on different cruiselines.

1. Getting to the boat – MSC does not give you the choice of including airfare with the cruise and therefore they would be responsible to get you to the ship. Our travel agent booked airfare through Expedia on Iberia. .

2. Extremely Clean – This was a very clean boat, they were always cleaning the handrails, floors, the mirrors were spotless and everywhere. The Center for disease control gave this ship very high marks. The boat was new in Dec. 2009, is attractive, elegant with floor to ceiling glass views of the sea

3. Getting on the boat – There is order. – people who have gold or silver cards or are passengers in transit get

To cut in line to be reviewed and checked by the scanners. Contrary to paperwork, one can buy wine or spirits from the DUTY FREE SHOP at the pier to take onboard and consume in cabin or elsewhere.

4. Finding your room. No assistance for this – just one person directing you right or left. The directions on what is where are at the

elevators, not easy to understand as the picture of the boat does not have it posted fore and aft – rather it is ½ of the boat turned sideways. Your cabin – We had balcony with 2 chairs and small table. Only one person can put away clothes in the closet at a time due to the

arrangement of the closet door. A person’s size doesn’t matter. Bathroom has ample shower and enough area for toiletries over the sink and below the sink. Bathroom Tissue changes from time to time. Lower quality to Kimberly-Clark quality. To conserve electricity and diesel fuel, one must put cruise card in the slot while in room. If you open sliders to balcony, you will shut off air conditioning or heating as balcony doors have push button lock. Good idea.

5. Water – Is available in mini-bar at Euro 1.80 or you can drink from the sink as the sea water is processed by osmosis and chlorine English speaking receive one bottle of water for 2 persons per day at the evening meal and get a water package at no charge for the duration of your cruise. (Sparkling or Natural) If you don’t finish the water, you can take with you. Water at the buffet. They have 5 oz. plastic glasses you can put ice (if avail.) and water in it which shoots out and splashes into the mini-glass. There is this water container at the buffet for lunch and for tea in the late afternoon. There is a sign on the machine (in English only) that you cannot refill your water bottles here. Many people (English, American, German etc.) would prefer to have complimentary beverages available 24 hrs. and would agree to pay a little more for this privilege instead of being nickeled and dimed with charges.

6. Breakfast – Limited menu at the dining room. You may or may not be placed at a table with people who speak your language. There were 70 people who were English speaking on the Dec. 8-19 cruise from Venice to Venice. 2/3rds were from Germany, some Italians and others. The buffet involved a dinner size plate, cereal bowl and then a large oval plate which one can use as a tray-plate. Food was never hot, omelets were medium warm, even if you waited for a new platter. Oatmeal with milk (all together – so those with lactose intolerance had to opt for something else as one could not obtain plain oatmeal) There was constant repetition of food at the buffet and also at the Lunch buffet and the dining room. Buffet salads were better as you could choose your color of iceberg lettuce. Sometimes, there were other lettuces which were fine and shredded carrots. Limited as to salad dressing (espec. At the dining table) Only one choice. Oil and vinegar with a little pale lettuce and then it would say, tomato or zucchini but, guess what?? You got corn instead! There were limited healthy food choices for lunch and dinner. If you chose a fruit plate at lunch or dinner, if would be one slice of cantaloupe, one slice of honeydew and one slice of pineapple. You had to cut it up. No flair or attractive arrangement. There were limited dessert choices. I had some really dry cake, the sorbet was varied by day and there was some fruit inside pastry. Croissants were good and if you had the complimentary continental breakfast in your room, you would get hot coffee, hot tea, and warm croissants and some yogurts – the coconut yogurt was great.

7. Dinners/lunches consisted of bland food. Appetizer, soup, salad pasta choice and some meat dish or vegetarian dish. They were repeated. They had king sized shrimp which were 1/3 of the length of fork tongs. Prawns which were very small and about 3-4 inches long with one inch or so of edible eating. Risotto dishes were hot and very good. Spaghetti was not hot and al dente. Desserts were 2 choices of a pastry and sorbet of the day or ice cream. They used a lot of creamed items in their desserts or sauce. Once they had crème brulee which is my favorite. It was very creamy and tasty but the crust had melted. I was expecting better food from an Italian line. The salads were redundant, small and did not contain the items listed in the menu. “Various salads” was what described some salads.

8. Dining Room - There were 70 English speaking and sometimes they tried to seat English speaking together and sometimes it was more important to find people who are in a certain stage of eating so that the dining room staff can be more efficient at serving. The 2/3rd of the German speaking groups selected the first seating and even though we booked a year in advance, were relegated to the 2nd seating. We asked for the first seating when onboard and got seated next to the scraping off table – it was very noisy so we asked for a different location but didn’t realize that the problem with noise is the dining room. Low ceilings, nothing to absorb sound. People crowded together. We went to the 2nd seating (8:30pm) at sat with Australians who were enjoyable – but it was still difficult to hear due to the structure. The dining room staff were rushed and I called it “getting rid of food” instead of “serving food with a flair” I heard a Maitre’d

reprimand two waitstaff personnel in public.

9. Communication - That was the biggest problem – staff were multi-lingual. Some spoke Italian and another language. Some were Italian and English, German and Indonesian, etc. etc. Communication was that they did not inform the guests what was going on. There were problems with the weather and wind. Another ship (RCI Brilliance of the Sea) went to go the port in Alexandria and ran into high seas and listed from side to side. People were injured and many items were broken through the ship. A cargo ship sunk in this area as well.

The Captain Giuseppe Maresca of MSC Magnifica ran into sea and wind problems and made a quick u-turn – tables and glass went flying on Deck 4, sea water covered the windows and water went into 2 elevators. This info was told to us by passengers from Florida who were on the 4th deck. No one got on the speaker system to give information. I can understand that he could have made a split second decision to make a turn – but at least people should have been informed after the incident.

I went to Arts & Crafts activity where there were 2 advisors – both Italian. They were speaking to each other at great length. One spoke English. I was the only one there but did not receive any assistance to make the project, nor did they make an effort to do anything but just created their own tulip flowers. I left. They were two of the 8 or 9 seemingly inexperienced staff were required to wear colored clown wigs to stand out were under the auspices of the Cruise Director (who spoke 5 languages) and whom you never saw except on stage when he introduced the acts. The other time you heard him was over the loud speaker (which you only heard in the hallways and needed to open the door to hear. Twice, he was piped into the staterooms. He should have been piped into the staterooms whenever he was letting us know that we were not going to yet another port because of weather. The paperwork that they provided to passengers had incorrect dates due to the loss of ports and times. And finally, on Dec. 16th night after 3 changes of ports, they provided a new itinerary of ports. All along, the Captain said it was the variation due to the force of God and does not depend on our will. (This is noted in the ticket information) Now, they changed it to circumstances of force majeure, beyond our control. There was no mention of any reductions or concessions. One passenger said that she was on a RCI ship and had to forgo a port and they provided an open bar to make amends.

I went to the Medical Dept. (not ship related) and the Doctor was bilingual and very good. I incurred a bill which I planned to give to my travel insurance company but noticed that there was no mention that the amount was in Euros. If I was reimbursed, they would assume it was dollars and I would lose the currency exchange. I went to the Reception Desk and was told that in the ticket book, on page 38, there is a mention that Mediterranean cruise currency is in Euros. The staff member had his own ticket book which was highlighted in yellow marker. So, I went to look through the ticket book. Nothing on page 38 or any other page in the document. Then, my husband went to the Accounting office and explained. They consulted with a variety of persons and told him that they would provide a special paper that evening delivered to our cabin indicating that the currency onboard is Euro. And it would have the official stamp and signature. We received it and the stamp was Nualy Investments Inc., Panama- MSC Magnifica. Note: Meanwhile, I took a digital photo of my bill on the TV interactive accounting system where the Euro sign appeared on my bill (on TV) but not on the paper bill.

10. Captain’s Cocktail Party – It was held in a number of places. We were in the lounge without the Captain. Hardly anyone was there and the drinks were complimentary champagne and martinis. Instead of interesting canapés or hot hors d' Ouvres, they had little bowls of potato chips and pretzels. A couple from Florida who were on their 3rd MSC cruise (and last MSC cruise) received invitation to come to Dec. 18 cocktail party for repeat customers. He was MSC silver and she was MSC gold – even though both were on the same cruises at the same time. MSC gave them the wrong date and the party was Dec. 17.

11. Shore Excursions – MSC said that they have contracted with tour people and that they are not responsible for anything regarding the tours. Some people paid for tours prior to coming on the vessel – but, they were told that they would not be credited on their account for the tour that did not occur, and that they would have to go back to where they purchased to tour and ask for credit. People have said that they booked the tour on the MSC website – and MSC said that they are not responsible and cannot give a credit. I believe that the MSC website offered a discount for purchasing a tour in advance.

Shore Excursions Cut short – There was no concession or reduction in cost of shore excursions that were shortened due to the

reduced amount of time at the port. One of the Germans said that they automatically reduced their shore excursion bill when a meal that was included was omitted from the trip. That was fair – but they were not told about it. They just did it. We received only one comment form stamped with MSC cruises on the Egypt trip that was shortened due to “The Captain wants you back on the ship”. according to the tour guide. We did not get to see the Papyrus Museum. We did however, get to the lunch we paid for at the Moven Pic Resort, Lebanon Sq., Cairo, Egypt. The food was good and bottled water or beverages provided. It was a very large hotel with buffet lunch for hundreds of people. Bathrooms were fine. We were advised by the Tour guide to only use that bathroom on the bus which had some issues. Water was shooting up in the air from the drain in the “sink”. We were advised that the WC at the Pyramids was not a place to use. We did not opt to take a camel ride and were harassed by a camel driver who wanted to take a photo of us with his camel and forced us to provide him money which we reported to our guide who got it back for us. We spoke with people who have taken the camel ride and paid in advance for the trip and then were told, when they were out 20 minutes, that they would have to provide more money for the return trip. This is a third world country.

What does it cost? Cocktail Package: 12 cocktails for the price of 10 at 67 euros

Water Package: 14 bottles of mineral water – 100cl 23 Euros

Soft Drink Package 14 soft drinks or fruit juices 32 euros

An iced tea or a small beer…30cc…………………………2.70 euros

Use the hot tub, Turkish bath, sauna, pool (inside the spa) 16 euros an hour

Face lifting treatment with radiofrequency……………………93 euros

Face/neck lifting treatment with radiofrequency ………………103 euros

Pressure therapy……………………………………………….52 euros

Thermal Suite free pass for 1 person 99 Euros or 2 persons 169 euros

A cappuccino ………………………………………………….2.18 including 15% service

Shore Excursions……..Adults..32 to 148 euros

12. Staff Comment: (2nd hand info.) “I don’t care about Americans, they are only 150. (we got different amounts of

English speaking customers according to who is saying what when.) OK – so don’t take our money!

13. Entertainment – Opera singers (2) Excellent. Dancers – choreography was simple. Singers One male and one female.

The rest of the “singers” mouthed the words of the song. Canned music in theatre. Bicycle act, balancing act, mime. Entertainment was for many languages. Costumes very good. Lighting – overproduced and large onstage lights directed toward audience were

difficult to deal with. For safety, they should have had floor strip lighting as it was very dark but people kept walking down. no handrails. Good 3 piece group in reception area.

15. Problems - We met a travel agent from Italy in Trieste who was bilingual. (They cancelled all the tours in Trieste as it was night time and we were there from 6:30pm to 12 midnight. Just go off the ship, look around, and go back to dinner at 8:30pm. She said she takes a lot of groups on the ships and the MSC cruise line hired her or asked her to come and stay onboard and determine what their problems are. They want the American market. (Obviously, they do not believe the comments people write on comment card.) She said, they are not going to be happy with the comments I am going to write. She was speaking with a German who spoke English and was very dissatisfied with the cruise. He was with a group and had a lot of input for her. I met a Texan Senior Citizen travel agent who had a Senior group on this cruise and she was distressed with many things. We met another German who spoke English and said he signed up for this trip as he got it for 900 Euros – but is finished with this cruise line. We met someone else that had 4 pages of comments.

16.The Ship – It is attractive and has lots of lounge areas. Lots of mirrors. But, it is difficult to find the public bathrooms and there are fewer of them than on other ships. Occasionally, they ran out of bathroom tissue. The elevators are fast and usually you don’t have to wait long for a ride.

17. Smoking - People can smoke on the port side of the ship inside the lounge, outside on the deck etc. etc. – smoke seems like it is everywhere. Lots of ash trays and one can buy cigarettes for 22.50 euros or 3 for 57 euros – so folks are buying them up in the duty free shop onboard.

18. Spa – A single woman who was at our table signed up for 4 massages and said that one of the male employees let her know that he was available for extra curricular activities over and above a massage. If you want to use the hot tub, sauna and the Turkish bath in the Spa area, it is 16 Euros for one hour. Later in the week, they had specials for 12 Euros for 1 hour. You can use the outdoor or covered pool. the 4 person “not so hot” tub of which there are 2 in the outdoor and 2 in the covered pool area which is not very warm.

19. Nothing to do - For us, there was not much to do on this ship. If you sit and drink and smoke, there is plenty to do.

20. People who have difficulty walking – canes, wheelchairs, walkers etc. - This appeared to be difficult for some. Lots of walking on and off the ship.

21. Signs – There is a sign by the door of public bathrooms in English only. “Now that you have washed your hands – keep them clean. Use a paper towel to open the door handle. Also, there is another sign in English only on the steps “watch your step.” I guess English speaking are the only ones that need to read these signs.

My opinion: I was told that this is a business operated by one person. He was in the cargo shipping business and saw that he could make money hauling passengers. But, instead of copying what has already been done and appears to work, he thought he should reinvent the wheel and everyone (the Northern European market) would come running. So, he lowered the price and they thought they could make it up by charging a la carte – then he thought, if we let kids come free, we will make more money and get get the family market. They started out with an all Italian crew and then the Italians left and now they have Indonesian and persons from other countries hired for crew. The MSC Magnifica is supposed to have 900 kids onboard for the next cruise (after Dec. 19th). Kids aren’t paying, so they won’t complain. And Mom and Dad have gotten a week or so away from their house. If the crew doesn’t mutiny – the passengers might. Now, they want the American market. They are experienced with cargo but appear to be failing with current customers.

Once and for all..I have always stated that this line like others has its strong points and weaknesses...AND YES, I did notice SOME ISSUES THAT I WAS NOT PARTICULARLY IMPRESSED WITH.

With that said, i still enjoyed my experience, therefor, I think it is what YOU make of it. If I were to rate these cruises with my land experiences it would be a strong 3. And there are so many variables that go into determining this, including food subjectivity.

I have never blindly stated that there are no better lines, and how could I, I have not tried others. (but soon will, 58 days and counting....)

My point, as it has always been is, you either like it or you do not.

I honestly believe that those who were not satisfied with their MSC experience base it on their own factual experience. It has nothing to do with an accumulated amount of reviews, those may only be informative guidelines..or heads up on items that may or may not be attractive to you.

Different people cruise with a vast criteria, some do not, that does not mean that you discount it because it is not to your particular taste.

In the last 20 years I have done numerous land resorts, from 3-5 star, and each had its little hicks, I would not go on a forum and discount any one of them, because I did my research and was fairly prepared on what to expect.

Those who did not enjoy or find MSC to their liking have come to these forums and questioned the "agenda " of those who do, and scold them repeatedly when they counter with positives. Let them, they are expressing their views, in whatever way they want.

I do not for one minute believe that they are less than truthful in their words.

Off topic:

Next Sunday the 2nd UNDERCOVER BOSS will be airing an episode with the NCL CEO. I am sure that those of us who enjoy cruising will find the behind the scenes look very interesting.

Each week, “Undercover Boss” follows a different executive as he or she leaves the comfort of the corner office for an undercover mission to examine the inner workings of their companies. While working alongside their employees, they see the effects that their decisions have on others, where the problems lie within their organizations and get an up-close look at both the good and the bad while discovering the unsung heroes who make their companies run.

Hi MTL=CRUISEFAMILY,

I'm just wondering--how do you get US network shows up in Canada (and same day/"live")? Can you somehow pick them up free in an air broadcast from maybe Buffalo or Boston? Or do you have a choice for them through cable or satellite or ?

Just wondering, because I don't know if we have any package to pick up Canadian shows, though maybe they do up in the northernmost states ...

Hi MTL=CRUISEFAMILY,

I'm just wondering--how do you get US network shows up in Canada (and same day/"live")? Can you somehow pick them up free in an air broadcast from maybe Buffalo or Boston? Or do you have a choice for them through cable or satellite or ?

Just wondering, because I don't know if we have any package to pick up Canadian shows, though maybe they do up in the northernmost states ...

Same day just through regular cable it's on CBS...we just hook it up to our igloos:D kidding...we get all the US channels, either through cable or satellite providers.

NEXT DAY-You may be able to view it by streaming it online. Not sure if overseas have restrictions as to content, but worth a try.

..by the way, not sure if you wanted to get canadian shows, but CTV is the national network that carry both canadian made content and US programming..CBC offers canadian made programming.

Same day just through regular cable it's on CBS...we just hook it up to our igloos:D kidding...we get all the US channels, either through cable or satellite providers.

NEXT DAY-You may be able to view it by streaming it online. Not sure if overseas have restrictions as to content, but worth a try.

..by the way, not sure if you wanted to get canadian shows, but CTV is the national network that carry both canadian made content and US programming..CBC offers canadian made programming.

LOL! Though actually, a distant cousin of mine DID use an igloo back in the 60s and 70s, growing up in Nome, Alaska.

I will try to check out CTV and CBC online. It will be interesting to see what you guys are watching :)

And in case you missed it, there was a reference to Canada (and several other countries), on a funny episode of the Late Late Show a few weeks ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k30_ovcNKGk

LOL! Though actually, a distant cousin of mine DID use an igloo back in the 60s and 70s, growing up in Nome, Alaska.

I will try to check out CTV and CBC online. It will be interesting to see what you guys are watching :)

And in case you missed it, there was a reference to Canada (and several other countries), on a funny episode of the Late Late Show a few weeks ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k30_ovcNKGk

Love Craig Ferguson's comedy...seems so unrehearsed and spontaneous.

New reviews and reviewers, still nothing has changed, all are either at one extreme or the other, you either hate it or you don't.

You have to admit, this is the most interesting section of the CC boards!

:D:confused::mad:

:eek:

Archived