Tour companies for Maui and Kauai

NANCYR2

Is there anyone who can recommend a tour company for both of these islands?

Nancy

Check each of the websites on the attached files. Planning for this trip can become quite overwhelming due to so much info but hopefully these lists will help make your life a little easier. Good luck!

Websites for Hawaii Excursions - Kauai.pdf

Websites for Hawaii Excursions - Maui.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
This is who we are using in Kauai; we got the name through other CC members www.KauaiEdenTours.com; its a private tour and her name is Karen Tilley, she even called me at home when I asked for information and you don't have to put any money down until you get there.

We have booked with her as well for group of 4 but we paid a $200.00 deposit

We used Temptation Tours in Maui for their Hana Picnic (Road to Hana) tour and highly recommend them.

After reading Rebecca's review, Temptation Tours sounds like a very good company. However, if you have more time for your tour and want more flexibility, here is another option:

I was traveling with 81-year-old parents and 79-year-old aunt, and a husband with various health issues, and my concern about a tour group, even one with only 8 or 10-12 people, was what to do if any of my family members became tired or ill on a long tour. On the other hand, I did not want to drive Road to Hana either, especially while still suffering from jet lag (and, as it turned out, I would have especially hated it in the rain we had the day of our tour).

Our solution was a private tour with Carey Limousines (www.hawaiilimo.com). It was expensive but well worth it (we saved by renting cars everywhere else). We benefited from our tour guide (Greg)'s experience with the road and knowledge - even though my mother had read the Revealed book and had a list of places she wanted to stop! We were able to turn around when we wanted and needed to. They used a Lincoln Navigator which was perfect for the five of us.

I found Kathy, the vice-president, extremely helpful in negotiating the tour details and price. Just another option to throw out there - again, different strokes for different folks!

just went to temptation web site. 176.00 per person is way too expensive for a van tour. :mad:there must be a better option for people looking for a tour that goes from 8:30 to 4:30! anyone know if there are van tours waiting at the pier for spur of the moment booking like in the Caribbean?

just went to temptation web site. 176.00 per person is way too expensive for a van tour. :mad:there must be a better option for people looking for a tour that goes from 8:30 to 4:30! anyone know if there are van tours waiting at the pier for spur of the moment booking like in the Caribbean?

I did a lot of research on Hana tours that we would end by 4:30 pm and we don't have many choices unfortunately.

There may be tours that you can take at the pier. I don't recall seeing them but I wasn't looking since I'm not the type of person who wants to risk going with any tour provider. (I expensively research the tour companies I use and make sure they have reviews here and on TripAdvisor.) If you are on a budget, your best bet is renting a car but you risk not getting back to the ship on time. I did not notice any traffic when we were on the Road to Hana but you never know.

Das take mahalo tours, I did und they were wonderful. look at trip advisor und search mahalo tours, das what I did und was very happy. I was so glade that I did it with them once I saw the other tour companies on the road.

food all day und many stops. they go all the way around some companies do not und you will miss out it is so different und beautiful.

I did a lot of research on Hana tours that we would end by 4:30 pm and we don't have many choices unfortunately.

There may be tours that you can take at the pier. I don't recall seeing them but I wasn't looking since I'm not the type of person who wants to risk going with any tour provider. (I expensively research the tour companies I use and make sure they have reviews here and on TripAdvisor.) If you are on a budget, your best bet is renting a car but you risk not getting back to the ship on time. I did not notice any traffic when we were on the Road to Hana but you never know.

i have never found it necessary to use a pier-side tour van either i have made a reservation for a car and may just do that and drive half way to hana or something. .

Archived