Dinner With the Captain?

kstrege

I don't know about Carnival, but in 2002 we were on Celebrity "Galaxy"

our 1st w/Celebrity and some how we were invited to the Captain's table.

What a blast, we actually wound up having Dinner w/one of the other officers

because of a medical emerg on board. But they couldn't have picked a better group. We didn't want to leave. We all swore we were showing up the next nite again to party. The group just jelled and we hung out all nite and

for several nites on the cruise. We couldn't figure out why most of us were

chosen, one couple, were definetely repeaters, the other was having some kind of cabin issues, but us and one other couple, were on our 1st crusie with this line. Go figure..........

DH & I were invited to have dinner with the Captain on the Paradise in 2001. I had booked a group family cruise for about 20 people, and that's why I thought I must have been invited.

We actually declined the invitation because I had larenjitis (sp?) and was embarassed to try to speak to the Captain and others I didn't know. DH also did not want to "abandon" his family as we were there to celebrate his parents' 50th anniversary. He didn't think it was fair for us to be invited while they were not.

When I went to the purser's desk to decline, the purser's chin almost hit the floor. She said no one had ever declined the invitation before.

In retrospect, I totally regret not going. We will probably never have an opportunity like that again! I did coordinate our next family group cruise in April on the Miracle. Maybe I'll get another chance! I know, I know. I'm not holding my breath.

Boatgirl

On the Miracle last week we ate at Nick & Noras. The captain and his crew were the table next to us...the pursers desk crew was behind us. Captains table held 8 crew people. Was funny watching them.. one was on the cell phone the whole time. different conversations were going on between staff in different languages. the poor man with the kilt.. Steve Knighsly.. Cruise director.. just ate in silence. The pursers office people were having a nice time.

No, we didnt get a free drink-- heck they didnt even nod their heads my way.

Archived