TriRail transfer to port in Miami

phinn

Just grabbed short Century cruise this January. Will only have carryon luggage so I would like to take the TriRail to Miami. I thought I read somewhere on here that there is a free shuttle service from the TriRail to the port. Can someone verify this for me? Also, is it difficult when you disembark to get transportation back to TriRail? Thanks, appreciate any help.

Just grabbed short Century cruise this January. Will only have carryon luggage so I would like to take the TriRail to Miami. I thought I read somewhere on here that there is a free shuttle service from the TriRail to the port. Can someone verify this for me? Also, is it difficult when you disembark to get transportation back to TriRail? Thanks, appreciate any help.

I've taken the Tri Rail before and I believe that there's a free shuttle to the AIRport but not to the CRUISEport.

The line ends near the Miami airport. In my opinion, the Tri Rail is a hassle with or without luggage. Very time consuming. When its all said and done, it feels as if you've shot yourself in the foot to save a few bucks.

Interesting. I can certainly drive there if that is the case. I have done it in the past and for me it was a nightmare as our disembarcation left me 1.7 miles from the car. I was hoping this might be easier. I'll have to think on this a bit more. Thanks for the reply.

phinn...

As a long time resident of Miami I would strongly suggest you avoid using Tri-Rail. Since I don't know where you're coming from I have no suggestions on the best way to get to The POM using "public transportation" (I use that term loosely). Even using Tri Rail to transfer to Metro Rail with still another transfer downtown to the Metro Mover would only get you as close as 3 blocks to the bridge leading to POM. (then a hike across it).

Right now I can't think of any other way

I'm beginning to think driving and dealing with parking would be best bet. I live in Ft Pierce so it's not a bad drive. I just hate it when the entire ship's passengers are outside the ship trying to go home. It's a madhouse equal to none.

I've taken the Tri Rail before and I believe that there's a free shuttle to the AIRport but not to the CRUISEport.

The line ends near the Miami airport. In my opinion, the Tri Rail is a hassle with or without luggage. Very time consuming. When its all said and done, it feels as if you've shot yourself in the foot to save a few bucks.

I don't know of a shuttle to the POM, just the airport. But you should be able to get a taxi, there's usually one or two hanging around there when trains arrive. If not you can call one, 888-888-8888 :)

I used Tri-Rail about 3 years ago from FLL to Miami. I transferred to some type of elevated train which took me downtown. Then I took a cab from there to the pier.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you like to ride trains, as I do. Shuttle service from FLL is much more practical.

David

Archived