Carnival Fasination

willow surfside

We had an enjoyable time a few weeks ago. Ship is in great shape, cabin steward and waiter were phenomenal, and we truly enjoyed Key West and Nassau (we did the Seaworld Explorer in Nassau. Not quite the way that it's portrayed in the description, but it was a nice way to see the underwater world, and the south coast of Paradise Island).

Our only gripe was with cigarrette smoke and some undesirable passengers. Otherwise, it was nice to get away for a few days! And for what we paid, we got more than our money's worth!

Here's our review with pictures: Carnival Fascination 12/06/10

Tapi,

I remember reading your review earlier.... you did a fantastic job giving us the rundown of your cruise. I'm looking forward to getting on the ship myself.

Can you tell me if there are any other chinese food options besides the Mongolian grill? My son wants some egg rolls and sesame chicken really bad. But if he can't get that, I'm sure the pizza will do nicely.

Leaving on Christmas Day for 5 day to Bahamas. Any tips?? Excursions, etc. Thanks

We were on the Fascination in November. We did the Chef's Table which was an incredible experience. You can make the reservation when you get on board at the table they have set up for the wine packages. They will have a sign "Chef's Table". Also, the Hop On/Hop Off Trolley is a good way to see Key West for a first timer. My Mom & Sister booked this through the Ship. It allows you to get off at the key points and get back on. The drivers also give you a "sighteeing" tour and are a lot of fun. I suggest a stop at Hemingway's House. It's interesting and they have a guided tour. You can purchase tickets at Hemingways or on line from their website. One good thing about booking the Hop On/Hop Off through the ship is you more than likely will be docked at Mole Hole. Mole Hole has complimentary shuttles running consistently to Mallory Square. If you book Hop On/Hop Off through the Ship, you will be able to take that directly from that Pier. The Sunset in Key West is beautiful. When it actually goes down you can see a green light right after it sets.

Nassau, we did the Hilton day pass as we have been to Atlantis several times. The beach is right by the Ship within walking distance. Not sure what your weather will be like but the cost was $55 pp and included a lunch voucher for $30 pp. Atlantis has a very nice Aquarium and the Harbor Cruise and Aquarium is a nice tour.

Enjoy your cruise and hope you have great weather. (We saw Dolphins swimming in the St. John's River...awesome!) Merry Christmas!

Archived