CAS Changes

thelion

If they are going to completely revamp the C&A levels, I wish they would do it for EVERYONE exactly the same. Easiest way would be to take everyone's credit history, multiply the credit(s) received by the nights for ea cruise and get the NEW total that way. From there, everyones level would be decided. Some will win and some will lose but it would certainly be the fairest way and then everyone will go forward, equally. These are perks after all and can be given and taken away as RCCL sees fit. We appreciate all RCCL has given us in the past and will continue to sail with them regardless of what happens with the C&A program. Just don't feel those with 100 cruises and say 300 nights should be given highest level when others with less cruises would have twice as many nights - that's what's not fair. Let's level the playing field, imho. Won't we all be surprised when and if the new program comes out it and it is totally different, lol. Not worth worrying about, imho. Happy New Year!

Well said!!!!

I am not trying to "slam" anyone. I too have a job where I cannot take off when ever I wish. I took a four day cruise that was VERY cheap in a cabin on deck two...I went by myself. I did all of this so I can enjoy the Diamond Lounge and discounts when I'm on the FOS in June with my family.

My mother and her BFF were sure to make it to the Diamond Plus level prior to the end of the year just in case the rumors were true.

Others are correct that whenever they make a change people will be upset. I admit that I got credits the easy way, but this is a reason why they are making the changes....

No, but there will be lots of people cruising on 1/12/11 including me. I'm one of those folks who -- under the old system -- will go up a level when I step off that ship with 10 cruise credits. So now, if 1-12-11 is the official cut-off day I will miss going from platinum to Diamond by one day!!!! Under the new (rumored) system when I step off the ship I will only 40 cruise days.:( Major disappointment because I was really looking forward to better balcony discounts.

I'm still hoping that maybe, just maybe, they will allow a little wiggle room for people who are actually cruising when the implementation day arrives.

I really think you'd be fine... If they implement a change on Jan 12, I would expect it to be for all sailings starting after that date. Since you'll be embarking under the current C&A system, my guess is that they would still get off the ship with 10 credits and be grandfathered in as Diamond.

thelion,

You are absolutely correct that Royal can change their loyalty program anytime they choose. That is why as I previously posted I feel like a chump. We have cruised only Royal and Celebrity since 2002, shareholder when they use to pay a dividend, accepted the fact they needed to pay down debt (Oasis and Allure), and other decisions about limiting the effects of price drops.

The problem is that I enjoyed their product, set my sights on achieving Diamond Plus even after the diamond change in 2009. How could I be so stupid to enjoy a product and look forward to participating in the perks of that product. This whole buy in to C & A involved a considerable commitment from us and a terrific expenses (JS, GS and OS). In most part I did receive a good cruise for my money. There were problems, but not enough to encourage me to not cruise Royal or Celebrity. Again it was my faith in Royal's product.

I am not trying to "slam" anyone. I too have a job where I cannot take off when ever I wish. I took a four day cruise that was VERY cheap in a cabin on deck two...I went by myself. I did all of this so I can enjoy the Diamond Lounge and discounts when I'm on the FOS in June with my family.

My mother and her BFF were sure to make it to the Diamond Plus level prior to the end of the year just in case the rumors were true.

Others are correct that whenever they make a change people will be upset. I admit that I got credits the easy way, but this is a reason why they are making the changes....

Similar story; my GF was short one credit to D+, booked us on a 4 nighter in Nov. It was for insurance in case they changed the program.

Side note; I'm way past D+ and really didn't want to go and miss 3 days of work, but agreed. Then the Shuttle launch moved into that week. Same one going in Feb. She has to support launch, so for awhile it looked like I was going on her credit cruise alone.

We have gone to the WJ and brought things to the DL, or pizza from the promanade. The trail mix su**s. They provide almost all food on board, so how much would it cost them to provide hors d'oeuvres in the diamond lounge? I know those who sail the larger ships are asking themselves what I'm talking about. Oh wait, I'm D+ now so I should not have to worry about that any more. Unless the rumors are correct.:o
Both the Freedom's and Indy's DL had hot and cold hors d'oeurves -- the same selection as the CL. We have sailed on FOS 5 times and the IOS once.

If you pay for a JS or above then you deserve the double credits. If you get upgraded to a JS cabin or above but have not paid for it, you should not get double credits.

Going waaay back in this thread, to this posed question;

I was amazed some time ago to read that this had EVER happened; then more so to learn it was regular procedure - it has a real snowball effect. We once won a cruise at Bingo and easily understood there was NO credit because it was complimentary. We sent in our Shareholder Benefit documentation and it could not be used because cruise was complimentary. I found this perfectly reasonable (even though we did pay for the Bingo card) What surprised me was that this logic doesn't carry through. If this IS a WikiLeak to test the waters, I hope the discrepancy will be noted and corrected in any future changes, as I expect complimentary

upgrade recipients would be more than delighted with the unexpected suite.

I am being BOLD for powers that be; not fellow CC members, whom I'm sure would agree, (except that it IS easier to pay for it - good point)

Going waaay back in this thread, to this posed question;

I was amazed some time ago to read that this had EVER happened; then more so to learn it was regular procedure - it has a real snowball effect. We once won a cruise at Bingo and easily understood there was NO credit because it was complimentary. We sent in our Shareholder Benefit documentation and it could not be used because cruise was complimentary. I found this perfectly reasonable (even though we did pay for the Bingo card) What surprised me was that this logic doesn't carry through. If this IS a WikiLeak to test the waters, I hope the discrepancy will be noted and corrected in any future changes, as I expect complimentary

upgrade recipients would be more than delighted with the unexpected suite.

I am being BOLD for powers that be; not fellow CC members, whom I'm sure would agree, (except that it IS easier to pay for it - good point)

And to add to it, I'm sure there are quite a few with 100 cruise credits who got a few of those credits with the free upgrade - with that snowball effect as you call it (good term) - and now it is being rumored that they will be invited to be a pinnacle member? :eek: :confused:

People shouldn't have ever been give the extra cruise credit along with the C&A upgrade. I certainly would have appreciated the suite alone. Would anyone have said they didn't want the suite if it didn't come with the extra cruise credit that others paid for? I don't think so.

Gina

Well, I sort of feel like I'm in the minority, though I haven't read every post...

We've done three 9-day cruises and are Platinum currently. I've always been super peeved that the people that take 3-4 night cruises get the same credit as me!

Maybe this way we'll get a bump up! keeping fingers crossed...

So by my calcluations, we've got about 62 days at sea under our belts right now. This will be interesting.

And to add to it, I'm sure there are quite a few with 100 cruise credits who got a few of those credits with the free upgrade - with that snowball effect as you call it (good term) - and now it is being rumored that they will be invited to be a pinnacle member? :eek: :confused:

People shouldn't have ever been give the extra cruise credit along with the C&A upgrade. I certainly would have appreciated the suite alone. Would anyone have said they didn't want the suite if it didn't come with the extra cruise credit that others paid for? I don't think so.

Gina

Of course they (the whales of cruising) have been snowballing. Just look at SuperMario's record, which he posted himself. From June 2009 to June 2010 he got 100 cruise credits. He says he has done only 30% of his entire cruising history in suites and mostly balcanies or less. So, how does one get 100 cruise credits with 52 cruises (almost exclusively on the 7 day Liberty itinary) when booking mostly insides, oceanviews and balconies? Answer, you get upgraded to JS because of your high(est) count and get double credit even though you did not pay for it.

It has happened once to us, and to almost every D+er I've talked to onboard. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but this is the way it is - dispite the company rules.

I was also wondering if the double credits we got for the 18 days on Radiance in December will count as 36 days (nights) in the new system and if the JS up-grade on one of the 4 nighters will give us a total of 40 for the December cruises. Guess I'll know soon!

Of course they (the whales of cruising) have been snowballing. Just look at SuperMario's record, which he posted himself. From June 2009 to June 2010 he got 100 cruise credits. He says he has done only 30% of his entire cruising history in suites and mostly balcanies or less. So, how does one get 100 cruise credits with 52 cruises (almost exclusively on the 7 day Liberty itinary) when booking mostly insides, oceanviews and balconies? Answer, you get upgraded to JS because of your high(est) count and get double credit even though you did not pay for it.

It has happened once to us, and to almost every D+er I've talked to onboard. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but this is the way it is - dispite the company rules.

I was also wondering if the double credits we got for the 18 days on Radiance in December will count as 36 days (nights) in the new system and if the JS up-grade on one of the 4 nighters will give us a total of 40 for the December cruises. Guess I'll know soon!

it will be interesting to see if we do actually get credit for our longer than 12 night cruises or the extra credits earned in December. Or do they plan to just throw them away? I think they should be multiplied into the factor even if from this point forward they don't plan to give double daily credits to cruises of 12 nights or longer. Same with the "free" credit for D in December.

Gina

Mario also sails on Majesty quite a bit in between Liberty and he told me that he will be sailing much more on Majesty once Liberty leaves for Europe next spring. He'll have to share the ship with Harry and Doris!

I know the Steels will enjoy his company, although I believe they will hang out in different places. Harry and Doris like the Scooner Bar, Mario is more of a pool bar person.

When I met Mario in February of this year, he told me that he had been on 50 nearly consecutive Liberty cruises, with only the Oasis inaugural, et.al., as an alternate. It'll be interesting to see if he will enjoy the Majesty enough to do consecutive cruises in his quest to get to 500 cruise credits. And what will his new goal be under the new system?

I know the Steels will enjoy his company, although I believe they will hang out in different places. Harry and Doris like the Scooner Bar, Mario is more of a pool bar person.

When I met Mario in February of this year, he told me that he had been on 50 nearly consecutive Liberty cruises, with only the Oasis inaugural, et.al., as an alternate. It'll be interesting to see if he will enjoy the Majesty enough to do consecutive cruises in his quest to get to 500 cruise credits. And what will his new goal be under the new system?

Never met Mario but I have had the pleasure of meeting and spending several evenings with Harry and Doris and they are very nice folks indeed. We share the same last name and after we met it turned out we had quite a few friends and business associates in common over the years, we just never ran into each other before the cruise.

thelion,

You are absolutely correct that Royal can change their loyalty program anytime they choose. That is why as I previously posted I feel like a chump. We have cruised only Royal and Celebrity since 2002, shareholder when they use to pay a dividend, accepted the fact they needed to pay down debt (Oasis and Allure), and other decisions about limiting the effects of price drops.

The problem is that I enjoyed their product, set my sights on achieving Diamond Plus even after the diamond change in 2009. How could I be so stupid to enjoy a product and look forward to participating in the perks of that product. This whole buy in to C & A involved a considerable commitment from us and a terrific expenses (JS, GS and OS). In most part I did receive a good cruise for my money. There were problems, but not enough to encourage me to not cruise Royal or Celebrity. Again it was my faith in Royal's product.

What about their product has changed? Will you enjoy your cruise any less?

it will be interesting to see if we do actually get credit for our longer than 12 night cruises or the extra credits earned in December. Or do they plan to just throw them away? I think they should be multiplied into the factor even if from this point forward they don't plan to give double daily credits to cruises of 12 nights or longer. Same with the "free" credit for D in December.

Gina

So here is how this is going to go down. Let's say you took a 14 night TA and got triple points because you were in a suite. Under the OLD program that was 3 credits, under the NEW program it will be 18 days. 1 for each night and another 14 for the suite. There will no longer be the doubling of days for 12+ nighters.

What about their product has changed? Will you enjoy your cruise any less?

So here is how this is going to go down. Let's say you took a 14 night TA and got triple points because you were in a suite. Under the OLD program that was 3 credits, under the NEW program it will be 18 days. 1 for each night and another 14 for the suite. There will no longer be the doubling of days for 12+ nighters.

I know you mean 28 days. But that is what I think is wrong. They are taking away the extra credit that was previously earned for the longer than 12 cruise.

For instance I just earned 4 cruise credits for the Diamonds in December promotion in a suite on a 14 night transatlantic. My profile is showing this. And basically that are eliminating my "reward" for cruising in December on a longer than 12 night cruise. Some promotion........... :( :mad:

As for what has changed about their product...many little things. DD did mention to me that she wondered where the chocolate was that should have been on her pillow each night on our recent cruise. She hadn't cruised since the change. Being in a JS they had little bottles of toiletries so that wasn't missed by her. Those are just the little touches.

Gina

I know you mean 28 days. But that is what I think is wrong. They are taking away the extra credit that was previously earned for the longer than 12 cruise.

For instance I just earned 4 cruise credits for the Diamonds in December promotion in a suite on a 14 night transatlantic. My profile is showing this. And basically that are eliminating my "reward" for cruising in December on a longer than 12 night cruise. Some promotion........... :( :mad:

As for what has changed about their product...many little things. DD did mention to me that she wondered where the chocolate was that should have been on her pillow each night on our recent cruise. She hadn't cruised since the change. Being in a JS they had little bottles of toiletries so that wasn't missed by her. Those are just the little touches.

Gina

Yes, I do mean 28. Clearly, math skills have failed me this a.m.

But they are not really taking it away since they are grandfathering you in. You will keep your same status. So if that extra credit got you to D or D+ you will keep that level but you wont get additional days.

As for chocolates those have been gone for some time. And good riddance, too.

What about their product has changed? Will you enjoy your cruise any less?.

After reading the 2009 changes and thread after thread and already starting here-I sure have learned many people cruise for perks. Not my thing but to each his own.

I for one hope that whatever they do to the loyalty program and personally I could care less if they scrap the whole darn thing, but, keep the product good and worth returning as if no loyalty program exsisited please!! My first cruise made me want to do it again and I still like cruising and expect nothing in return but a good vacation. I'd much rather this company spend time on making folks enjoy cruising and the base product and not have to worry so much about a returning guest program.

None want to admit it but it's all about the lounges and free drinks. Not one person has asked about balcony discounts, not one person has asked if the D breakfast is still going to be around, not one person has asked are the coupon books possibly changing. [at least I think-waaaaay to many pages] I'm curious what an Emerald book may look like or even if they will still have them.

I think lots of folks swore off Royal after the last lounge boot-already some are swearing the same thing now but the company survived the last time and will proably again if there is another boot. I'm thinking no-but what do I know.:o

Hey Royal-if you need more room in the lounge for the loyalty program- give the suite guests a bar set up and kick our sorry a#$% out!!!:D:p

Seriously-I wonder if it is the crowding or expense in the lounges?

Who really knows? Not us-that's for sure-we can harldy agree on anything!!!:D

Yes, I do mean 28. Clearly, math skills have failed me this a.m.

But they are not really taking it away since they are grandfathering you in. You will keep your same status. So if that extra credit got you to D or D+ you will keep that level but you wont get additional days.

As for chocolates those have been gone for some time. And good riddance, too.

Basically - the extra cruise credit that was given to most of us was worthless - with that huge span between D+ and "pinnacle. Anyone with 25 cruise credits gained nothing from the December "gift" as far as we can tell at this point.

I don't miss the chocolate either but it was a nice little touch. We brought them home to give our daughter.

Gina

None want to admit it but it's all about the lounges and free drinks. Not one person has asked about balcony discounts, not one person has asked if the D breakfast is still going to be around, not one person has asked are the coupon books possibly changing. [at least I think-waaaaay to many pages] I'm curious what an Emerald book may look like or even if they will still have them.

What do you mean, "none want to admit it"? Lots of people admit they like free drinks and snacks in the lounge; I do. I also like the balcony discounts and the coupon books.

I don't care what changes they make to the program, though. I've got my use out of it up to this point and I never booked just to get to a higher level so I'm not mad about that.

Regarding the Emerald level that so many are commenting on: I think it's a good way to make new cruisers feel like they are advancing somewhere. If they start everyone at 1 pt for Gold and the next level is Platinum, it allows newer cruisers to maintain their 'status' while making it relatively easy to get to the next 'level'.

What is awarded at each level will be interesting as I know they want to keep the elite levels manageable while saving a buck or two. Or maybe they just want to get the levels sorted for the time being, and save the perks cuts for 2012.

After reading the 2009 changes and thread after thread and already starting here-I sure have learned many people cruise for perks. Not my thing but to each his own.

I for one hope that whatever they do to the loyalty program and personally I could care less if they scrap the whole darn thing, but, keep the product good and worth returning as if no loyalty program exsisited please!! My first cruise made me want to do it again and I still like cruising and expect nothing in return but a good vacation. I'd much rather this company spend time on making folks enjoy cruising and the base product and not have to worry so much about a returning guest program.

I think lots of folks swore off Royal after the last lounge boot-already some are swearing the same thing now but the company survived the last time and will proably again if there is another boot. I'm thinking no-but what do I know.:o

Hey Royal-if you need more room in the lounge for the loyalty program- give the suite guests a bar set up and kick our sorry a#$% out!!!:D:p

Seriously-I wonder if it is the crowding or expense in the lounges?

Who really knows? Not us-that's for sure-we can harldy agree on anything!!!:D

Right on!

"Don't hate the Player; hate the Game (Program)"

Why would you belittle and /or frown upon someone like (SuperMario); or anyone else; who loves to Cruise and was able to Cruise often and accrue Cruise Credits under the current Crown and Anchor Society Program Rules?

Just because you did not or could not?

What's up with that?

Chill out and keep smiling everyone; if NEW Changes are coming; you will find out soon enough.

What do you mean, "none want to admit it"? Lots of people admit they like free drinks and snacks in the lounge; I do. I also like the balcony discounts and the coupon books. .

you're right-that was wrong and I worded it wrong.

I should have said-many do not want to admit it.

You're right again-some have stated it is all about the lounges :eek:

Too many pages-I forget. :o

Archived