All the stuff you have to take

prekteacher1

I am curious how others took all the "wedding stuff" aboard when they had their wedding at another port. We are carrying the gown aboard(not checking it). I have OOT bags and silk flowers, cake topper and other miscellaneous stuff. Any suggestions? I was thinking of a box, but that might be cumbersome. Maybe a rolling bag? I am open to any and all suggestions.

We called Carnival and have permission to go to our room as soon as we board to hang up the gown.

I think we'll probably distribute as much on-board stuff as possible between my parents, FI's parents and my bridesmaids' suitcases and carry-ons. I've also been paring down what we really need.

Thankfully with a shoreside wedding, I can ship a lot of wedding day stuff to our WC in St. Thomas! Good luck with the logistics!!

I'm shipping a box with my flowers and possibly other things to the hotel we will be staying at for two nights prior to the cruise. We have a large group going so have been working with a certain person at the hotel so I will hopefully be able to ship the package to her. It won’t be an issue to transfer it to the ship from the hotel. :) we are also bringing a few things among our suitcases.

we're having a bon voyage party for immediate friends & fam the weekend before we leave for the cruise, so we'll be passing out the OOT bags then! anyone out of state that won't be able to attend, i'll be mailing their bags to them before we leave. i'm trying to limit taking as much as i possibly can for the actual wedding itself. i'm hoping that everything fits in one carryon bag! that bag & my dress will be my 2 carryon items (on the flight & during embarkation) we might wheel on our suitcases when we board too (i don't want to worry about my bags arriving in the room throughout the day while i'm off getting married! i'm always uneasy onboard the ship until i see my bags sitting outside our cabin!)

We are taking the train from Milwaukee to Seattle with a sleeping room. We can check three bags each plus carry two on. SO the plan is to take one extra old suitcase that I can leave on the ship and ask them to throw away. Plus I will carry on my dress in a dress bag and carry on my flowers in my hands (covered of course). Anything else will get split between our two main suitcases, our carry ons and my tote. That way we only have two checked bags when we fly home.

We brought our wedding gear on board in two plastic totes. We had guests attending our wedding help carry it on. We had duct taped them closed. They were clear with colored lids. One tote had our wedding cd's, cake topper, favors, custom printed cocktail napkins, colored ribbon for my wedding cake and pins to secure the ribbon, instructions for the wedding coordinator, photographer, music host, etc. The other held the canvas tote bags I had made, filled with goodies, basicly my OOT bags, but they were large enough to hold two beach towels as well. I had 7 of these and they filled one of the totes completely.

The totes came in great on board the ship as we used them for hampers for our dirty laundry. We were also able to put all the stuff we bought in Mexico in them too for the drive home.

Since we were driving not flying to the port we could bring as much laugage as we wanted! We both had more than 2 checked bags, along with a carry on (or two!) and a garmet bag.

We brought our wedding gear on board in two plastic totes. We had guests attending our wedding help carry it on. We had duct taped them closed. They were clear with colored lids. One tote had our wedding cd's, cake topper, favors, custom printed cocktail napkins, colored ribbon for my wedding cake and pins to secure the ribbon, instructions for the wedding coordinator, photographer, music host, etc. The other held the canvas tote bags I had made, filled with goodies, basicly my OOT bags, but they were large enough to hold two beach towels as well. I had 7 of these and they filled one of the totes completely.

The totes came in great on board the ship as we used them for hampers for our dirty laundry. We were also able to put all the stuff we bought in Mexico in them too for the drive home.

Since we were driving not flying to the port we could bring as much laugage as we wanted! We both had more than 2 checked bags, along with a carry on (or two!) and a garmet bag.

Thanks for the idea! We are driving up and have others that can help us carry stuff onboard. So we aren't limited to 2 suitcases? I have a big rolling bag that I can stuff full of our OOT bags, flowers, cake flowers, etc. We are also traveling with a 10 month old, so will have all of his stuff too! Woopee!!!less than 2 weeks now! It's time to go pack now!

Did you travel with Carnival? They are giving me such a hard time about how much I need to bring. The plastic totes re a great idea.

Did you travel with Carnival? They are giving me such a hard time about how much I need to bring. The plastic totes re a great idea.

We drove to the port and did sail on Carnival. On the carnival website they "suggest" 2 suitcases and a carry on. Since we didn't have any airline restrictions we brought what we needed to and it more than 2 suitcases! We each carried on a small roller bag and a small duffle type bag. We had wedding guests who weren't sailing carry on the plastic totes for us. They didn't weight a lot, they were just bulky. I know that we both checked 2 bags, Mark might have had 3. We did bring a lot of stuff that we normally wouldn't have brought. Since there was 14 of us sailing I felt the need to keep everyone entertained. We brought extra snokling gear, dominos, card games like Uno, regular playing cards, poker chips and I always pack a first aid kit and I packed additional supplies in that which came in handy. On Tuesday my son came down with a 101 degree fever. I had a thermometer! I also had coban and sports bandage tape which came in handy. Getting on the ship about an hour before the wedding I was rolling my carryon suitcase with the little duffle bag on top. The duffle bag sliped off, it caught up on my little finger, one of the wedding guests grabbed it to help out, but grabbed it the wrong way and it dislocated my little finger and tore the ligaments. My advice to you brides...Have someone else take your lugage on board! I didn't see the ship's doctor, I just buddy taped it to the next finger and I just waited till be got back and went to my orthopedist. It was on my right hand...not my left!

when I finally get my review with some of the wedding pictures posted you will notice that I'm holding up my little finger in all the pictures.

Archived