Flying Delta - Check your flights

I feel sorry for those people at sea today with the cancelled flights. I am on land and flying Delta tomorrow to ATL...Thank goodness my brother called me as soon as he heard up there cause it was 45min later before Delta called/e-mailed me. I got 3 of last 5 seats on a 8 am flight... What a way to end a trip! Good luck to all flying Delta tomorrow.....

I was just checking the weather for the Philly region because they keep changing it every few hours or so, and learned this from the weather channel. Luckily I dont have to fly on Delta tomorrow. I hope all those affected have alternative plans to get to their destination, and reach it safely.

My experiences with Delta have been excellent - now AirTran, that's a whole different story.

In any case, if the weather is bad many other airlines will follow suit. By canceling the flights early, they stand a better chance of having their equipment and crews in the right place to resume service quickly. Earlier cancellations at least give you the chance to rebook from home (if you can get through to reservations) as opposed to standing in a mile long line after your bags are checked and then your flight is canceled.

Lou

WHY do folks still fly Delta? Ugh...all airlines are bad but it seems whenever I hear of something truly terrible it is preceded by "Delta"

Fly Delta all the time and never have issues. It's simple. The Atlanta airport is not equipped to handle this type weather. When we do have snow or ice, it causes issues here. Not Delta's fault.

Ouch , thought all that crap was going to hit here in Ohio , the sun is shining and we had a dusting of snow, better them than us. LOL But we are equipped to handle it better just didnt want to fight it on a travel day.

Good luck to all friends down south. :)

Fly Delta all the time and never have issues. It's simple. The Atlanta airport is not equipped to handle this type weather. When we do have snow or ice, it causes issues here. Not Delta's fault.

... and since Atlanta is a Delta hub, they are unfortunately going to be affected more than any other airline.

We're in SLC, which is another Delta hub, so we fly them a lot as well... like you, we've been pretty happy with them overall.

The snow and ice seems like a pretty rare occurance down there, but I've had several Delta IROPS when flying through Atlanta due to thunderstorms, which you guys seem to have quite often.

WHY do folks still fly Delta? Ugh...all airlines are bad but it seems whenever I hear of something truly terrible it is preceded by "Delta"

I have to agree, they have the worst of all airlines on time records for Rochester NY. Back in the 80's they earned the slogan of "Delta gets you near" which was play on their slogan of those days of "Delta gets you there". As the story goes.... July 7, 1987 A Delta Airlines 737 bound for Lexington KY mistakenly lands at Capital City Airport in Frankfort KY (19 miles away). Apparently they didn't realize it until they called for taxi directions and were unable to locate the assigned taxiway and the pilot called the tower for assistance. http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?ev_id=20001213X31387&key=1

Anyway, hopefully the weather will clear and soon all will safely being flying out of the south from this crazy weather pattern.

Mike

Archived