Wind Surf unusual itinerary?

syam

Looking at the Feb 20/11 cruise and wondered if anyone has ever been to these places and if they are highly recommended? Barbados, St. Lucia and Grenada are familiar to me, but how about Bequia, Mayreau and Portsmouth? I have rarely seen these offered on Caribbean voyages. Is this a good thing? Any advice would be most appreciated.

I have been to all three... all with Windstar. If you are worried because you haven't heard of there islands, don't be. It's actually a good thing. The reason being is that the larger ships cant make it into the ports. Bequia and Mayreau or beautiful islands with gorgeous ports. In Portsmouth I remember snorkeling in a "champagne" reef. Warm bubbles rising up from the reef with unique sea life. You will have a wonderful time.

Jan. 30th will be our first Wind Star cruise, but have bareboated (no captain) chartered sailboats several times to Caribbean. My favorite island of all is Mayreau. Be sure and check out Righteous Roberts and de Youth establishment on the top of the hill. Righteous Robert is a 50+ year old Bob Marley wannabe...and one of the best hosts you can find! Most beautiful location for looking out over the ocean and over the Tabago Cays is the back side of the Catholic church, also at the top of the hill. Have fun! The first time we visited Mayreau 8 years ago was the first day the island got electricity! Had one "taxi" that was a pick-up truck that had high sides on the bed...that is where we "rode"!

Bequia has many unique gift shops, and of course, a few places to stop and have an island drink!

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came off the same itinerary. Absolutely nothing to do in Portsmouth. Dirty, depressing and somewhat dangerousing lookng town. The port should be Roseau. Big waste of time. Bequia is pretty, but not much to do. Mayreau has one road and a few shops. It was fun to walk up the long hill and down the other side.

Archived