New Luggage Tags with C&A Status?

I just looked at our luggage tags for our upcoming cruise. Neither DH nor I remember seeing Crown & Anchor status printed on the tags before. Is this something new?

Your luggage is checked in at the curb, so it couldn't relate to the priority check-in desk.

I hope they treat the luggage of someone on their first RCI cruise as well as they do the luggage of D/D+

It's been like that for at least a year...I remember seeing our C&A status last Oct. when we sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale...I don't remember getting our luggage any faster though...this year in San Juan they made a big deal at the curb check in that D+ luggage went straight to the room..maybe...but we still got it about 3:30 or so...and we checked in at 11:30...:D

We just became Diamond Plus a few months ago and got special luggage tags. When we were on the Allure a couple of weeks ago, our luggage was delivered the fastest ever. I don't know if it was because of the Diamond Plus tags or not, but we'll be using them again in a 9 days when we get on the Jewel!

Think Parents said they did not see any markings on theirs...Gold for them....Diamond for us and in both cases our luggage was waiting when we went to the cabin shortly after 1pm...we were among the early arrivals at the port last Sunday so I suppose that factors into the mix as well.

Think Parents said they did not see any markings on theirs...Gold for them....Diamond for us and in both cases our luggage was waiting when we went to the cabin shortly after 1pm...we were among the early arrivals at the port last Sunday so I suppose that factors into the mix as well.

If that is the case Dave, now Royal Caribbean is really screwing some of it's members, as they are only allowing so many tags to be sent for each voyage, and after that, people are being told to get theirs at the dock by reaching out for a porter.

Thoughts???:confused:

BTW, Merry Christmas!!

Rick

It's been like that for at least a year...I remember seeing our C&A status last Oct. when we sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale...I don't remember getting our luggage any faster though...this year in San Juan they made a big deal at the curb check in that D+ luggage went straight to the room..maybe...but we still got it about 3:30 or so...and we checked in at 11:30...:D

The last time we sailed was in April, 2010 and I'm sure it wasn't on the tags for Explorer. We had the older tags that weren't sticky all over. I don't like these new sticky ones. They are hard to manage, IMO.

Was that the Voyager sailing, Dave?

If that is the case Dave, now Royal Caribbean is really screwing some of it's members, as they are only allowing so many tags to be sent for each voyage, and after that, people are being told to get theirs at the dock by reaching out for a porter.

Thoughts???:confused:

BTW, Merry Christmas!!

Rick

Rick anyone and everyone can get tags. Have always received mine in the mail, but you can also call and have them sent to you via the mail also.

Rick anyone and everyone can get tags. Have always received mine in the mail, but you can also call and have them sent to you via the mail also.

KO......so what you are saying, is that even if the area of the Set Sail Pass says that the allotment for the cruise has been met, and they can no longer send you tags, you can call, and they will still send them to you?

I will test that theory tomorrow!

Rick

The last time we sailed was in April, 2010 and I'm sure it wasn't on the tags for Explorer. We had the older tags that weren't sticky all over. I don't like these new sticky ones. They are hard to manage, IMO.

I found out they were a bit easier to manage if you didn't peel the backing off the whole tag, but just the one end, like the directions suggested.:o

Booking from the Norwegian web site there is no option to request luggage tags, which caused some hassle in Barcelone before our recent TA. Hotel insisted on leaving luggage outside the room the night prior to sailing, but without tags I was very reluctant. We spent whole morning making sure the bags were on the way to the port. After having made sure the bags were on the transfer bus, the pier staff fixed the relevant tags within minuts, so we were assured all was OK. Considering what we went trough at the hotel, I can imagine it would be a problem for older folks trusting RCI procedures would take them seemlessly from home to pier. Sorry to say it didn't work seamless for us.

We just sail a few weeks ago and going again on Friday, no C&A status noted, we do have Diamond Plus luggage tags.

So, you are saying that it does not matter whether you have tags from the company..........or tags given to you on the pier.

Thanks for the heads up!

Rick

KO......so what you are saying, is that even if the area of the Set Sail Pass says that the allotment for the cruise has been met, and they can no longer send you tags, you can call, and they will still send them to you?

I will test that theory tomorrow!

Rick

Did you use a TA? Is it possible you'll recieve the booklet with your luggage tags in it and, thus have recieved "your" allotment of luggage tags? I can't imagine RCI limiting the number of tags.

FWIW, last year when we sailed Oasis we were diamond member and had that printed on our luggage tags (recieved the tags in the booklet). I can't say I noticed that we recieved our luggage any sooner than we have in the past. In fact, quite a few pieces had been delievered to rooms all around us before we recieved ours. I'm not certain that the status on you luggage tag expidites it's delivery.

Got off Mariner last week. We are Diamond members. Our Luggage did have "Diamond/Diamond Plus Member" printed on the bottom our our luggage tags on both ends. My wife's luggage was delivered at 2 p.m. and mine was delivered after 6 p.m. Both were loaded on the luggage cart at the same time at the Drop Off location.

Archived