Any tips for us? Fantasy cruise in a week

rtw68

We have been on CC since we booked our upcoming cruise and its been a real learning experience!

From hotels and what/how to pack as well as the great reviews on the Fantasy we have read, is there anything else we should consider or do?

We are spending a couple days as well as New Years Eve in Charleston ahead of time, which will be nice. :)

We are hoping to do the Behind the Fun tour, we have anytime dining, and have a couple nice excursions planned. Booked in a GS on the upper deck (splurging because of our 10th anniversary).

Just want to make sure we don't miss anything useful/helpful! :D

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

You'll have a great cruise! We did the Behind the Fun tour Thanksgiving week and enjoyed it very much.

The Chef's Table dinner was OUTSTANDING if you have time and $$ for that.

Don't forget the sushi bar -- my son & husband enjoyed that.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites hotel the night before -- if you are going to explore Charleston I would recommend taking a tour of the architechture, especially the battery area, and visiting the slave market.

I enjoyed both the Nightclub Express & Ticket to Ride shows.

Favorites? If I wanted to sit inside, I enjoyed the chaise lounges near the Cat's Lounge on the promenade. Outside, we liked the small covered area on the verandah deck just above the Lido deck. I loved the fruit and cheese on the evening buffet in Windows on the Sea for my evening snack, but you have to hit it before 9:30 pm. I also enjoyed my fire & ice mani/pedi from the spa, even though it was pricey.

Enjoy your trip.

Congratulations on your anniversary! The best thing I can tell you is to relax and enjoy every minute of your cruise and your trip to Charleston. Since I live here I am a little biased but Charleston is a beautiful city with tons of things to see. As you can see I love cruising and to me relaxing and trying new things leads to an awesome bunch of memories.

The Behind the Fun tour is very interesting and the treats the chef leaves you afterward are YUM! When you are in the dining room - try dishes that maybe you wouldn't normally order because you can get something else if you don't like it (there is no shortage of food).

So enjoy all of the new experiences and savor the moments - because you have to know that we are all jealous of you being on a cruise when we aren't :p

We just returned from the Fantasy for our 12/17 to 12/22 cruise for our romantic adults only cruise. (Daughter stayed with the grandmas!)

We also splurged on the GS and had Any Time Dining. We loved both of them and would do it again in a heartbeat!

- The GS (U111) was spacious with a large balcony. Our room steward, Aurelio, was great. We never needed anything. We spent a lot of time on the balcony even though the weather was very chilly. Hubby especially loved being out there after week got back on the ship in Freeport to watch the cargo being transferred with all of the machinery on the dock and I liked being up early and watching the sunrise.

- ATD was especially nice because hubby and I really didn't want to sit with people we didn't know and have to make small talk so it was especially nice to have the romantic table for two every night. That way we were free to talk about anything we wanted. We always went between 6 and 7 every night and never had to wait for a table. We had different servers every night, but we had no complaints about any of them.

Things that we especially loved doing during this cruise:

- Seeing the adults only comic shows late at night on sea days - they were hilarious! However, they offered earlier family-friendly shows if that is more your style. Get there early, though, the seats fill up fast!

- The Bistro on the Promenade deck serves fantastic milk shakes. They cost $4, but are good, good, good! We shared a chocolate one several times.

- Eating on the outside deck at the buffet area on the Lido. We ate at the buffet every day for lunch and we really liked the outside eating areas on both the port and starboard side. They were located right past the pizza bar and deli. They were never crowded so I don't think many people knew they were there.

I hope that this information helps.

I will post again if I think of anything else.

Nancy, your's is my favorite Fantasy review. :D

DW and I have looked at it often waiting for our cruise :D

DW and I were on the Fantasy in Oct and loved every min of it! Just as everyone else has said do and try things you never would think of doing at home cause no one there knows you and you will never see them again! :D That being said the wife found out something I have always known, that I cant be taught to dance! We tried to learn the Cha Cha and needless to say there was a couple of old guys in the front row that had a BLAST watching me try, step on DW's feet, stumble over my own feet, and look like a total idiot! :D If you want and like to get interactive keep watch for the trivia games the fun patrol plays, we went to every activity we possibly could make it to and had a blast getting to know the fun patrol and all the regulars that played everything from win lose or draw to the trivia, took us several times but we got our coveted Ship on a Stick that we proudly display in the china cabinet back home. Enjoy yourself and if you can hunt down Chelsea, on the fun patrol, and tell her we said HI (I know she will not remember me but...)

We have been on CC since we booked our upcoming cruise and its been a real learning experience!

From hotels and what/how to pack as well as the great reviews on the Fantasy we have read, is there anything else we should consider or do?

We are spending a couple days as well as New Years Eve in Charleston ahead of time, which will be nice. :)

We are hoping to do the Behind the Fun tour, we have anytime dining, and have a couple nice excursions planned. Booked in a GS on the upper deck (splurging because of our 10th anniversary).

Just want to make sure we don't miss anything useful/helpful! :D

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Make sure you see the Cover Band "Music Boardwalk" they are very good and play anything from 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s etc. Plus of course have a good time.

Nancy, your's is my favorite Fantasy review. :D

DW and I have looked at it often waiting for our cruise :D

Nancy, I'm curious, how much was your tab at the end of the trip? I am taking my first cruise in 31 days and it appears we are about the same speed when it comes to the drinks! Just trying to be prepared

Nancy, I'm curious, how much was your tab at the end of the trip? I am taking my first cruise in 31 days and it appears we are about the same speed when it comes to the drinks! Just trying to be prepared

Pardon me for chiming in but my wife and I are also about the same speed for drinks! LOL!!! We just sailed on the Fantasy on Dec.11 on a 6 day (Key West, Nassau and Freeport) and our final tab was $698. I drank mostly Heinekin by the buckets and the wifes drink of choice was Pina Colada. We booked the Key west Pub Crawl thru Carnival on the ship for about $39.00 per person, I would reccomend highly if your party is into that sorta thing. Drinking and Key West history do go together! The tour guide was named Zam and he was awesome!

Archived