Blizzard in NYC tomorrow

PattyWinters503

And we are scheduled to leave on the Jewel....What do you think NCL will do? This is their weather guarantee...

NCL has a Winter Weather Guarantee whereupon they may delay a sailing. It states:

"The winter weather in the Northeastern United States is invariably cold, which is why a cruise to the warm weather is so appealing! Only rarely is it stormy. We do not expect our schedule into and out of New York to be adversely affected by winter weather. However, there is always the possibility of an occasional weather system causing strong winds and rough seas. In this case, NCL would intend to delay sailing until conditions allow for departure.

If your departure from New York is delayed for longer than 12 hours due to weather, you will receive an onboard credit of $100 per person (maximum $200 per stateroom) on your current departure. Or, if you do not wish to continue the cruise, you may choose to leave the ship and receive a cruise credit equal to the amount you paid, to use on a future NCL cruise, sailing within one year from the date of the cruise credit, and any reasonable incidental expenses you incur in rearranging your travel/vacation plans will be reimbursed by NCL. "

We are also going tomorrow. Sounds like we will be able to get on the ship fine since it is just a short trip from CT, but I hope that NCL has the common sense to stay in port until the blizzard clears NYC. Of course NCL isn't offering any info on the situation so far....

No they are not...I called them and they said that there is no news yet...I have travel insurace that states if the trip gets delayed over 6 hours I get reinbursed and NCL's weather thingie says we have the option of leaving after a 12 hour delay...so I dont know...I will be leaving my home at 11 am to get there via cab ....it should only take a half hour tops....I just hope we are safe

You would think they might be a little reluctant to take the ship out during the blizzard after what happened to the Brilliance of the Seas a few weeks ago and I don't think that storm was anywhere near as powerful as this.

I will gladly stay docked in NYC to avoid the high seas. Let them cancel out the private island since so few people like it due to the overcrowding.

I would expect that there are no issues with the ship getting in tonight and they would have had to notify people if they were delaying a day by this time so at least we should be boarding.

I would expect that there are no issues with the ship getting in tonight and they would have had to notify people if they were delaying a day by this time so at least we should be boarding.

We were on the delayed Jewel a few weeks ago..the NCL communication left A LOT to be desired. with many (most?) do being told of changes....please do NOT count on notification by them and be prepared for anything !

it is 1 PM NY time and about 2 inches of snow outside-with many flights cancelled already--feel bad for people flying in today and trying to catch the cruise--they will be cranky people--dont blame them

keep us minformed as to when you will leave --i see the ship is in port in NYC

I'm sorry for all the problems you all are encountering. You've taught me one thing though. I'll never sail out of the north this time of year. Actually, we only want to said out of NYC once, just to see the sights. Good luck.

Archived