Cash only for onboard account?

bluzchick

I need reassurance since I am down to my final 4 days before flying out--and starting to get frazzled now that Christmas is behind us:

We already have a decent amount of OBC(enough to cover the tips and the amount recommended by Carnival for 2 ppl on a 7-10 day cruise......do we have to use a credit/debit card when we board to "set up our account" or can we strictly use cash?(which is what we want to do)

I need reassurance since I am down to my final 4 days before flying out--and starting to get frazzled now that Christmas is behind us:

We already have a decent amount of OBC(enough to cover the tips and the amount recommended by Carnival for 2 ppl on a 7-10 day cruise......do we have to use a credit/debit card when we board to "set up our account" or can we strictly use cash?(which is what we want to do)

You can strictly use cash. Just tell them how much you intend to give (generally it's $300), and put that on your account. If you should run low, they'll send you a message. If you have extra at the end of your cruise, they'll refund the amount immediately on the last day.

Have a great cruise!

When you're at the counter in the cruise terminal during boarding process, getting your sail and sign card set up, they will ask to see the credit card you paid for your cruise with. That is when you pipe up that you are using cash for sail and sign, they will say never mind, don't need to see your card. At least that's how it worked boarding Conquest at Galveston a couple of weeks ago. I also had some OBC already, so I just visited Guest Services as needed to recharge my account with cash.

I always buy Carnival Cash ahead of time (whenever I have extra cash). Since I usually book my next cruise soon after I get off of one, I have almost a whole year to "save up" or accuumulate my Carnival Cash. I keep tabs on my onboard spending.

Just out of curiosity....how much (on average) do you guys allot yourself for onboard spending per day? I usually come back with money and I spend freely (don't drink heavily though...just one or two alcohol beverages a day).

Archived