Cenotes? Which one?

jonibc

I definitely want to snorkel a cenote and will be traveling with a couple of non-snorkelers. Which one might be enjoyable for them to see, not too crowded, with good snorkeling and easy access? I am thinking Gran Cenote might be best but welcome input from ya'll (I'm from NC) on whether it's really best.

Niknik,

Can the non-snorkelers get in the water there, see a little bit of it without snorkeling? My traveling companions are senior citizens and can't do a lot of walking on difficult terrain. If we don't take a tour, is there an admission price? Or are there snorkeling tours there at the site? When I google Dos Ojos, it keeps coming up with Hidden Worlds Cenotes which offers tours to a couple of different cenotes at certain times of the day and I don't want to be limited to having to be somewhere at a certain time. I read your post on things to do and definitely want to eat at that restaurant your group went to.

Thanks for your input-

Joni

• 1 month later...

I have been talking with the tour guide that Niki used and there is a fee to get in but apparently not much. He told me that if there were people in our group that didn't snorkle that they would put up some hammocks for them while everyone else snorkeled.

My suggestion is to contact them and set up a tour. Their prices are very reasonable. They can't pick up at Calica so you would have to meet them somewhere and it would have to be a small group. We are looking at having possibly 6 of us and in that case, they said they may check into renting a small van to carry all of us.

Have fun!

Archived