breakfast & lunch at cagney's on star

cruisinmeme

i have gone a little nuts on booking cruise's lately (have 4 booked) but today i booked the star for us and 3 grandkids in one of the family suites on deck 12. i was told the people in suites could eat at cagney's for breakfast and lunch (no charge). curious if it is the same menu as the main dining room. sounds very nice.

we took the grandkids and had a regular suite with carnival and believe me, this with ncl is less expensive and more perks. real excited.

i have gone a little nuts on booking cruise's lately (have 4 booked) but today i booked the star for us and 3 grandkids in one of the family suites on deck 12. i was told the people in suites could eat at cagney's for breakfast and lunch (no charge). curious if it is the same menu as the main dining room. sounds very nice.

we took the grandkids and had a regular suite with carnival and believe me, this with ncl is less expensive and more perks. real excited.

No, Cagneys has a different menu than the MDR. There is a small breakfast buffet, then the a la carte menu items. For breakfast they have steak and eggs, french toast, eggs, oatmeal and a few other things. Lunch has turkey burger, Cagney's fries made with truffle oil, French dip, soup and salad, and some other items that escape me; and some great desserts....don't miss the espresso brownie with ice cream.

If, however, you want something from the main dining room rather than going to Cagney's, just tell your butler and he will serve your meals en suite.

Which suite will you be in? We had 12532, and will have same again this year.

No, Cagneys has a different menu than the MDR. There is a small breakfast buffet, then the a la carte menu items. For breakfast they have steak and eggs, french toast, eggs, oatmeal and a few other things. Lunch has turkey burger, Cagney's fries made with truffle oil, French dip, soup and salad, and some other items that escape me; and some great desserts....don't miss the espresso brownie with ice cream.

If, however, you want something from the main dining room rather than going to Cagney's, just tell your butler and he will serve your meals en suite.

Which suite will you be in? We had 12532, and will have same again this year.

i love the location of 12532 but it is labeled handicap so i booked 12028. i am stuck on starboard side of a ship.??? also i think 12532 may also be designed for 4. can't really remember. i just didn't want to book handicap and get bumped if someone needed it. we like mid ship so i got as far away from forward as i could.

what is the customary tip for the butler?

the breakfast at cagney's sounds good.

Just got back from 2 weeks on the Star. Breakfast and lunch at Cagney's is a great perk. Good menu, steak and eggs (small filet!), omelets, belgian waffles, etc. Lunch menu is just as nice, with appetizers such as shrimp cocktail, crab cakes, soups, salads and great lunch entrees. The wait staff was wonderful, ask for Syandra (the y is silent). My wife jokingly asked if the chef could make raspberry sorbet for desert. The last night at sea we had a last special dinner in Cagney's and even though Syandra wasn't waiting on us, she brought the raspberry sorbet to her as a special treat.

i love the location of 12532 but it is labeled handicap so i booked 12028. i am stuck on starboard side of a ship.??? also i think 12532 may also be designed for 4. can't really remember. i just didn't want to book handicap and get bumped if someone needed it. we like mid ship so i got as far away from forward as i could.

what is the customary tip for the butler?

the breakfast at cagney's sounds good.

You're safe where you are. 12532 and 12032 are the only two that are ACTUALLY HC, even though 12030 and 12530 are labeled as such on the deck plan. And the two that ARE HC are only big enough for four if two sleep on the sofa, otherwise just two.

Archived