What's all the hype with the spa?

lunaxmars

So I'm booked on the Epic in a Spa Balcony. I know there must be many posts about this one topic- but can any spa junkies help? I'm confused about my "privilege" of booking a spa balcony. Initially, I was sold on the "24 hour access" which from reading the boards I now know is no longer. But what kind of access does it exactly give me say compared to buying a "couple's pass"? Do I need to buy a couple's pass (for the future DH and I)? I really love spas, so I want to get the most bang for my buck (as far as that can go with a cruise line :rolleyes:)

Thanks for any help and sorry if this has been posted already!

By booking the Spa Balcony I believe you will get full access to the spa included in your fare. That's a value of $199 for the couple. It gives you access to the spa during normal hours, which is 8am to 10pm most days. I'm not sure what, if anything, else it gives you. The spa kicks ass though. :)

spa1-vi.jpg

By booking the Spa Balcony I believe you will get full access to the spa included in your fare. That's a value of $199 for the couple. It gives you access to the spa during normal hours, which is 8am to 10pm most days. I'm not sure what, if anything, else it gives you. The spa kicks ass though. :)

spa1-vi.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

spa1-vi.jpg

I LOVE the photo!! Thanks for sharing- can't wait till I'm right there!

I LOVE the photo!! Thanks for sharing- can't wait till I'm right there!

You're very welcome. I give credit to "eroller" (Ernie) for taking the picture. Let me know if you have any questions about the spa. Wifey and I spent plenty of time there. In the picture above the nearest tub is a traditional hot tub. The one over on the right is just fine bubbles blowing from underneath. I'm sure it has a fancy name, but that's what it is. It is not hot, but shares the "warm" temp with the rest of the spa pool. What's very funny is the tidal wave that runs from that smaller pool to the larger one when the ship is underway and bobbing up and down.

In the main pool those jets from the tower are not decorative. They're high pressure, perfect for beating the hell out of your shoulders and back. Along the edges of the main pool are typical hot tub jets for your lower and middle back. Along the back wall of the main pool is a in-pool recliner made out of stainless steel poles that stretch from let to right. When you lay on them in a recliner position your body is just under the water line, and there are large bubbles coming up from below. It's very relaxing...until the ship starts to rock and you are hit with the waves...out of the water, under water, out of the water, under water. lol. It's actually quite fun.

Here's another picture.

spa-vi.jpg

Outside loungers at the spa. Always full of sleeping people :rolleyes:

1325-vi.jpg

Lounges in the co-ed area of the spa (next to the pools)

1326-vi.jpg

Coed sauna with the most amazing view

1327-vi.jpg

1328-vi.jpg

OMG! that looks fantastic!

I'm booked in Epics spa balcony 14141 with my daughter who will be 17 when we sail in Oct. I take it she will not have any age restrictions on use of the spa? We are looking forward to the mother and daughter massage but I'm not sure if she will be restricted from accessing any of the spa areas due to her age? grateful if anyone can help with info

Archived