Camp Carnival

ladyt

We will be going on our first cruise. Although my son has gone to daycamp before, I feel a bit anxious about the camp carnival. Is there any way that he could leave the camp carnival area without us signing him out? Is the staff really good with the kids.

Please help put my mind at ease. He is 8, not shy at all, very outgoing and listens well.

Thanks

We were on the Triumph in Oct. 2004. My kids went to all the Camp Carnival activities when they were open and when they were closed, they kept asking when they could go. They had an excellent time and the Camp Carnival staff was great. I thought the age groups were 3-5, 6-8, 9-12 and 13-17. I could be wrong, though.Mine are 9 and 11 and were in the same group. I also have a special needs kid and I explained this to the staff. They said it was no problem and they did not allow signing out at my request. They told my kids they had to wait until I came to get them. If they were closing and I wasn't there yet, they walked the kids to their cabins (that only happened once). If they don't want to stay at the all nighters once they get there, they will either give you a beeper if you ask or call your cabin. They really are willing to work with you and any special requests you have and they love kids. I was also that nervous parent when we stepped on the enormous boat. But the last few days of the trip, I relaxed when I saw that the staff were able to handle it. I even allowed my kids to check themselves out with instructions that they could go to the cabin only. There are phones by all the elevators on every floor, so if they need to call the cabin, they just dial in the room number. Good Luck and it truly is safe.

If your son is 8 years old when you cruise he will be in the group that can not sign himself out. Only the person who signed him into camp will be the one to sign him back out. Its the 9-11 that can sign themselves out of the camps.

They also told me that with the 9-11 year olds I could make a request that they not be able to sign themselves out....do a search on the kids programs and it gives you a hour by hour, day by day itinerary which I found last night and I think my daughter will be one of those that won't want to vacation with the family, her friends will be in there and I think she will have a blast. She will be 10 at cruise time in September. If I can answer any questions feel free to post or e-mail me at:

lilmsonry1@cox.net

Kelly

We are also planning our 1st cruise - Liberty 1/06 - and our girls will be 11 and 7 (almost 8)... so they'll be in different groups.

This won't be an issue for the 11 yr old as she is very outgoing and confident. Our 7yr is just the opposite. The 7yr old will fare better if the girls are permitted to participate in some activities together.

My fear is that the 11yr old will love it and not want to leave.... and my 7yr will hate it and not want to go at all.... :(

Anyone have a similar experience w/ kids being in different goups???

The only way the girls will be able to share activities is by the 11 year old girl going down to the 7 year old programs. Bet wouldnt be fun for her..lol but there is also family participation activities that the girls can do together.

I bet your daughter will love it. Sailing on Janaury 6th she wont get lost in the crowd of kids as there will be very few kids onboard. Which will be easier for shy kids

We will be going on our first cruise. Although my son has gone to daycamp before, I feel a bit anxious about the camp carnival. Is there any way that he could leave the camp carnival area without us signing him out? Is the staff really good with the kids.

Please help put my mind at ease. He is 8, not shy at all, very outgoing and listens well.

Thanks

When are you cruising and on what ship?

Archived