Experts please help Luau in Oahu

Icantwait

Hi everyone,

We have booked a limo tour around Oahu but want to do something at night

We have a 17 year old and 20 year old.

We have considered either a luau , a fun show, or even PCC.

We want fun, and scenery.

Any thoughts on something to do with or without dinner

I thought of Germains or another Luau, a nice hotel and dinner, or the Blue Hawaii or Don Ho show.

I need help here...we are overnight on Infinity!

With a 17 and 20 year old, do NOT go to Don Ho show. I went in (I am in my late 30's) knowing only tiny bubbles....he sang it first and the rest of the time looked like a befuddled, drunk old man...we left early and friends of mine on another occasion left early. He spent the whole time inviting people up to talk to him and get a CD. If he sang at all, it was sing along style and I was getting irritated with people egging me to sing song I had never heard before. But his band is awesome.

My humble opinion.

PCC has a lot to do all day long and then wraps up with the luau. There are a lot of chances to learn about polynesian culture there. You can do a lot in one day there. The show is great but there is no alcohol served during the luau if that is important.

We have been to two luaus, Paradise Cove and Hale Koa. HK is only for military and their guests. We though the PC show was far superior, but the HK's food was superior. PC and Germaines are on the beach.

There are other popular shows on the island that are not Luau's per-se. Magic of Polonesia is popular as well as the Elvis show (Blue Hawaii) and Society of Seven. Maybe people can chime in on that.

There are also a variety of dinner cruises with shows. They will give other views of the island. I have heard nice things about them and plan to go on one in a couple of weeks.

I think 70% of what I mentioned has coupons in the Entertainment book. We saved $60 on a party of 4 for the Don Ho show so you can see that the book will clearly pay for itself quickly with your family.

You have an overnight so you do not have to worry about time. Pick what you REALLY want to do and go with it. SO many people have time constraints that make it tough. Enjoy!

Icantwait,

How fun that you have an overnight and don't have to worry about getting back to a ship on time. We have time constraints which is why we have chosen to do the ship's excursion to PCC with the luau and if the bus is late, they have to wait for us. I know will be a great day for us!! No stress at all!

With that said, if we didn't have time constraints, we would probably have gone for Germaine's...and done other stuff in the daytime... As it is, we aren't able to get back from Pearl Harbor in time to catch the bus to PCC. Germaine's comes highly recommended, both on this board and with a couple of Hawaiian friends here in California. There is a coupon in the Entertainment book that saves you 25%. So does Paradise Cove.

One person I talked to liked them all, but preferred the show at Germaine's over the one at Paradise Cove. When I asked him for recommendations, his absolute first choice was PCC because of the entire experience. Not having alcohol at the luau won't be an issue for us. As much as I would like to have a nice Mai Tai, I can wait until I am back on the ship or on another island.... in order to have a great day! I don't think you can make a bad choice, from what I read here. Do a search on the three luau's and see what you get. There is also another one that is only on Monday's.... Royal Hawaiian??? something like that that was also recommended.

I agree with all of the above in terms of opinions. Germaine's has the best recommendation of all the commercial luaus that allow alcohol. Otherwise, PCC may be a very good option as well, especially if you're planning on a spending a lot of the day there and have someone else drive you back. :) One option that hasn't been mentioned yet is the Magic of Polynesia show (http://www.magic-of-polynesia.com/) - it gets very good reviews (though I haven't watched it personally myself). Another option might be the Society of Seven (http://www.societyofseven.org/) though this may be more Vegas like than Hawaii like. :)

Spleen

Archived