What is the SWAT Team of Fun?

klmorg

I tried the search. Just curious what the SWAT Team of Fun is, which is in many poster's signature line stuff, and how you became a member? I know the history of the Whale Tail Club, but not this one. Thanks!

This was the name given to the Crazies when they cruised in Sept on the Conquest.

They rallied behind the crew with lots of support amidst a bunch of angry cruisers....because of missed ports due to a Tropical Storm.

They missed MoBay and Caymans.

I believe it was John Heald who came up with it. :confused:

I wasn't on the cruise, but am part of the Crazies group. :)

As Julie mentioned, it came about this past September when the Crazies sailed on the Conquest... the voyage that was a seven day cruise to Cozumel.

We encountered a tropical storm that prevented us from making port in Montego Bay and then, the next day, prohibited us from tendering into Grand Cayman.

The cruise was heavy with first time voyagers, a few of whom were jail house lawyers. They incited others to protest and demand their money back for the entire cruise. Our Crazies, and a number of others, attempted to enlighten folks about the fact that they were getting exactly what the contracted for. Many understood and pressed on to enjoy the rest of the cruise. Others, not so much.

Thanks to one of our favorite Crazies, Walter, we took it upon ourselves to spread some fun on the Lido Deck. We cheered every Carnival employee that passed by and thanked them for all they were doing to make the cruise as much fun as possible.

Word of what we were up to got shore side and to John Heald. On his blog the deemed the Crazies to be 'The SWAT Team of Fun.' I got his permission to use the phrase in a logo that I designed for those who were on board with us (The Original SWAT Team of Fun) and for those who could not make the cruise (Official SWAT Team of Fun)...

So, that us... the Crazies... officially designated as the SWAT Team of Fun.

:)

OK... I remember reading about that cruise & how you all handled it. Thanks for the info!

Disconnections, there really isn't much of a story behind the Whale Tail Club other than anyone can be a member, slap it in their signature line, & designate themselves a creative title. You can do a Search on here for more detailed info if you want.

Archived