Apple IPad

barnsey1802

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased an IPad and I was wondering if anyone has used one on board. We are travelling on the Sun Princess on Thursday.

The IPad has wifi & 3G capabilities, however I haven't purchased a sim card yet to use the 3G.

So I guess my question is, can I use it with just wifi?

And while I don't really want to think about work while I am on holidays, I am a small business owner and I have to keep up with paperwork etc.

Deidre.:)

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased an IPad and I was wondering if anyone has used one on board. We are travelling on the Sun Princess on Thursday.

The IPad has wifi & 3G capabilities, however I haven't purchased a sim card yet to use the 3G.

So I guess my question is, can I use it with just wifi?

And while I don't really want to think about work while I am on holidays, I am a small business owner and I have to keep up with paperwork etc.

Deidre.:)

hi Deidre, i dont know about IPad but you would have to be connected to the ships wifi to use the internet.....you can either pay by the minute or go on a plan

rkmw

Hi, as rkmw said above you will need to connect to the ships internet with a plan. Either paid or with free minutes if you are platinum or elite.

We have taken our ipad onboard before (not 3G) and you connect like you would a lap top. we did find not all areas around the ship worked well but we had the most success in our stateroom.

We travelled with our iPad on our recent cruise (as did two others that were travelling with us) - as has been mentioned they connected to the wifi as would a laptop - you can also purchase International Roaming packs for your pre-paid and use your 3G access (I never did check the price out though).

We found one great asset of having the iPads with us was when we met for coffee a couple of morning, and we all swapped memory cards from our cameras and downloaded each other's photos onto our iPads (through the photo connector you purchase separately) - so we ended up with heaps more photos of our cruise - and alot more with us in them (you never end up in your own photos)!

Lou Lou 28. I am about to go on a cruise in Feb with my iPad. Was a great idea to downloading the photos with others.

How many photos did you download in total as I thought that would take up a lot of memory?

I've got the 64GB one, my sister has the 16GB (I think) - I think between all of us we had 3-4000 photos and hers has not problem holding that many.

You just have to have the Camera Connection Kit and you can either plug the camera in via USB or use the other adaptor to put a SD card straight in. Most of the cameras we used are at least 10MP (which isn't that high by today's standard!!)

Archived