Camp carnival (fantasy, 5 day)

chapps

i know a couple of people have asked for this. we were on the fantasy 17-22 december. here are the camp carnival schedules (2-11yo) for anyone interested. we had our DS3y in the 2-5 group. he really enjoyed himself and ALWAYS seemed to leave with some prize/craft. we didn't keep him there but a couple of hours at a time. also, we really didn't use the babysitting services late night. if you have any questions, i'll do my best to answer them. :)

campcarnival2-51001.jpg

campcarnival2-52001.jpg

campcarnival2-53001.jpg

Do you have any idea if they let younger kids go into older groups? We will be on the Triumph over Spring Break with three families and 7 kids among us. Two will be in Circle C, four are in the 9-11 Camp Carnival age group and we have one 8 year old. Wondering if they will let the 8 year old go with her 9 and 11 year old brothers, and 11 year old cousin. Plus a 10 year old friend.

our cruise was booked to capacity, so they were pretty firm about the kids staying in their age group....there were 700+ on our sailing. we took our 3y and he had a blast. the only time he didn't want to join them was during dinner time; he wanted to have dinner with us, but was ready to hit the camp once dinner was over.

Do you have any idea if they let younger kids go into older groups? We will be on the Triumph over Spring Break with three families and 7 kids among us. Two will be in Circle C, four are in the 9-11 Camp Carnival age group and we have one 8 year old. Wondering if they will let the 8 year old go with her 9 and 11 year old brothers, and 11 year old cousin. Plus a 10 year old friend.

Carnival is rather strict about ages. The older kids can move down in the program if you want them together.

Please be aware that the kids in the 9-11 can sign themselves in and out with the parents permission- and will need that permission for particiapating in the scavenger hunt.

The 1- 8 year old will have a blast in his own camp

So far I am hearing that it really depends on the camp directors and how crowded it is for the week. Her brother who is barely a year older than her has offered to go down with her to her age group if she can't move up. It's really not that she is afraid to go by herself. She's a very friendly kid. She just doesn't want to miss out on the fun/memories that her cousins and friends will be making together.

Remember that cruisecritic members represent less then 1% of the sailing public.

Ask people who sail during high peak family sailing time- there will be MANY 8 year olds sailing with family members-- if they all wanted to move to the next group-- there will be too many in that camp.

Its very rare for a kid to move up in a group- especially one that is 8 years old. (11 year old kids can be brute--(:D)

She will be making her own fun memories with her new found friends.

If the kids particiapate in the after hours care-- they will be together-

I hope the above did not sound harsh-- because it is not meant to be that way.

I just want to make sure that by going what you read here -- your daughter may be really disappointed if she gets on the ship and finds she cant move up or the brother to move down.

@ Serene: I did not take it harsh. I know that she would have lots of fun on her own in her age group as she is a very outgoing girl. I (as will her parents) will completely understand if they won't let her move up, or her brother move down due to the number of kids that will probably be on this cruise. It's just kind of a bummer for her that she is the only one in our group of kids who will likely have to go alone.

I just wanted to hear what, if any, personal experience people might have had with this particular subject. We have all been on cruises before and I know that we will have a blast. We are going to ask and do what we can to get her moved up, but if it doesn't happen it will not ruin our trip! Her parents will prepare her to be ready for whatever happens. Thank you for your comments!:)

THANK YOU for taking the time to scan and post these! :)

Did you take your son off the ship with you when you were in Nassau? Do they allow you to leave them in Camp Carnival on port days?

we took our son off ship at both ports--i really didn't want him to miss any part of the vacation. i'm sure he would've been fine on board, but this vacay was just as much his as it was ours.

we hired a jitney driver to give us a tour of nassau....$40/2 adults, DS was "free". there were two other families that came along as well. thankfully, everyone got along famously. the tour was "scheduled" to take 2 hours, but i think we went well over it.

Thanks so much for posting this! (Just came upon it, so I'm a bit delayed in my gratitude.) I know you said your son didn't do the camp dinner, but do you by chance know whether they help the 2-5 group with eating? I think our 6 year old will be fine at feeding himself, but am a little worried about the 3 year old filling a plate, cutting up his food, etc., without adult supervision. We'll probably have them eat with us most nights, but thought it might be nice to be kid-free for a formal dinner.

Also, any activities your son particularly liked or disliked? Like you, we'll probably just put them in camp a couple of hours at a time here and there, but don't want to miss out on anything really great.

Thanks again!!

Thanks so much for posting this! (Just came upon it, so I'm a bit delayed in my gratitude.) I know you said your son didn't do the camp dinner, but do you by chance know whether they help the 2-5 group with eating? I think our 6 year old will be fine at feeding himself, but am a little worried about the 3 year old filling a plate, cutting up his food, etc., without adult supervision. We'll probably have them eat with us most nights, but thought it might be nice to be kid-free for a formal dinner.

Also, any activities your son particularly liked or disliked? Like you, we'll probably just put them in camp a couple of hours at a time here and there, but don't want to miss out on anything really great.

Thanks again!!

no worries on posting the schedule--i had asked almost the point i know i drove fellow forum members bonkers LOL.

anyhoo, to answer your question. they served kid friendly foods: chicken fingers, grilled cheese, pbj, hot dogs. the ship closed down one serving line in "windows on the sea" to have for the kiddos. from what i observed, the camp carnival team brought th e food over to the kids waiting at their tables. it took about 45 minutes from sit down to heading back to camp. very well organized.

my son loved all the activities they offered while he was at camp: they colored t-shirts (which he got to keep), colored linen sacks (which the kids got as well), became pirates (which facepainting was involved. btw, those activities didn't cost extra--which was a nice surprise. we didn't get snagged into the build a bear workshop...it was at a time when we didn't drop him off:eek::D. on our cruise, they had a special christmas program, but when it came time to bring him to the universal lounge, DS changed his mind--he wanted to nap more! no biggie. he talked about funship freddy A LOT. nevermind, when it came to a photo op, he got shy all of a sudden:rolleyes:.

actually, i do....i should. i just hope my DH did not toss them out :eek: i will post them up, hopefully today :)

That would be awesome! If you can't post them, I can give you a temporary email addy. I am leaving "soon" and have no idea what to expect.

Thanks!

no worries on posting the schedule--i had asked almost the point i know i drove fellow forum members bonkers LOL.

anyhoo, to answer your question. they served kid friendly foods: chicken fingers, grilled cheese, pbj, hot dogs. the ship closed down one serving line in "windows on the sea" to have for the kiddos. from what i observed, the camp carnival team brought th e food over to the kids waiting at their tables. it took about 45 minutes from sit down to heading back to camp. very well organized.

my son loved all the activities they offered while he was at camp: they colored t-shirts (which he got to keep), colored linen sacks (which the kids got as well), became pirates (which facepainting was involved. btw, those activities didn't cost extra--which was a nice surprise. we didn't get snagged into the build a bear workshop...it was at a time when we didn't drop him off:eek::D. on our cruise, they had a special christmas program, but when it came time to bring him to the universal lounge, DS changed his mind--he wanted to nap more! no biggie. he talked about funship freddy A LOT. nevermind, when it came to a photo op, he got shy all of a sudden:rolleyes:.

LOL! Sounds like a good time at camp. Thanks again for posting.

Archived