Hotels in Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise? Help Please!

FozzyFamily

Ok, for any of your who have stayed at the Hyatt Airport north - ( What time does the cruise shuttle leave for the port in the morning? Is it a fixed time?

You have to sign up at 3:00 pm the day before. First shuttle leaves at 10:30 am, then every half hour after that. The shuttle is complimentary both from the airport and to the cruise port.

Judy

The Hampton Inn on Stirling Rd. has reasonable rates, including free shuttle from the airport, and to Port Everglades. But wait, there's more! Free (continental?) breakfast....I'll be staying there next week-I don't think it'll be anything fancy, but 1 nite pre-cruise should be fine.....:cool:

I stayed for two nights at the Hampton Inn on Stirling in November and it was a great place. Could not find any fault! They had a very nice breakfast and the room was lovely. It had a kitchen, livingroom, nice bedroom with two beds and two tv's. They have a shuttle until 12:00 am, which I missed but Delta paid for a towncar to take me to the hotel. The shuttle to the cruise was well organized and went quite smoothly.

I booked it through bookit.com as the Mystery Hotel and paid $68/night. However, for my next cruise in May this hotel is not offered as the Mystery Hotel and has gone up to over $100. I guess I will have to decide if I want to go with a sure thing and pay the $100.

Karen

We found a great great place in Ft. Lauderdale. It is cal Cambria Suites.

It is south of the airport about a mile. Just exit right on Stirling St.

Turn right and another quick right into the driveway. Costs about $l00

and they keep your car up to l4 days for free. Also, free shuttle to the

port. Rooms are suites with Two large flat screen tv's, fridge, and a sofa.

They get a six star from me. Call 954-889-2606

Do they offer complimentary breakfast? If not, are there any family type restaurants within walking distance?

We booked there for two nights mainly because of their 2-bedroom suites, free shuttle to the airport and port.

We are booked in the Westin Diplomat Beach Resort pre cruise. What is the cheapest way to get there? We have considered a taxi and it appears they cost $25-$35 from FLL to the resort. I'de assume a few bucks more to get to Port Everglades. We can rent a car for $30 for one night, that includes taxes and fee's. But then pay $20 for parking at the resort. It may save a few bucks depending on if the taxi's run the higher rate. Is there any cheaper parking in walking distance to the resort? We are young and perfectly able to walk a ways. What are the thoughts of those who have stayed here before?

hi. we stayed at the Hilton which was SO close to the port. We took a cab from the airport, about $15. The hotel was very upscale and everyone was dressed up. They had a nice lounge area with a fire area that was surrounded by glass and a part of the seating. They had a really slow bar/lounge that served food. It was a nice hotel to walk around b/c it was right on the water and you could see lots of yahts. There was also a water taxi stop. The hotel wasnt too big to manage finding your way around. The rooms were pretty nice as well and had a little balcony that you dont have to pay extra for. We had a nice water view. There was a breakfast restaurant but i believe it was $25. They had a few other restaurants for dinner but they were very pricey. In the morning of our departure for the cruise we got there early to get on the list for a cab.. and good thing! Everyone that wanted a cab dragged their luggage and themselves out front of the hotel and waited to tell the guy with the clip board that they wanted to be on the list. We were like #6 on the list and waited about 20-30 min. Within a few minutes tons of people kept coming, and there was no where to stand. People's luggage was bumping us and our bags and we could barelly get through the mob when our name was called. Thank goodness we got out there early b/c the huge amount of people after us made that clipboard sheet pages long.. those people must have waited an hour or so! Once in the taxi the driver was friendly and we made our way in a couple of minutes to the pier. He dropped us off right where we needed to go.

Hello,

My husband and I will be cruising from FL in February. We have booked at the Hilton Marina for our pre-cruise night, we stayed there before and were simply delighted.

I was just wondering if anybody had a great solution &idea for my little problem once the cruise is over... We will disembark the cruise early in the morning but our flight back home is only at 8:00pm. Does anyone know of a hotel-resort-nice looking motel (preferably with a pool and close to the airport) that would let us book a room from 10:00am - 5:00pm on a Sunday? Sorry, this is a weird question, but I seriously don't see us spending all that time in the airport, when we could enjoy an extra day relaxing in sunny Fort Lauderdale.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Hello,

My husband and I will be cruising from FL in February. We have booked at the Hilton Marina for our pre-cruise night, we stayed there before and were simply delighted.

I was just wondering if anybody had a great solution &idea for my little problem once the cruise is over... We will disembark the cruise early in the morning but our flight back home is only at 8:00pm. Does anyone know of a hotel-resort-nice looking motel (preferably with a pool and close to the airport) that would let us book a room from 10:00am - 5:00pm on a Sunday? Sorry, this is a weird question, but I seriously don't see us spending all that time in the airport, when we could enjoy an extra day relaxing in sunny Fort Lauderdale.

As long as there are rooms available any and all properties will be more than happy to take your money. All hotels will let you check in early provided they have a room available and there is no requirement that you must actually spend the night when you rent a room. If you want a deal for a day room, though, it would be best if you contact the hotel directly. The problem with day rooms is the housekeeping staff leaves before 5:00 PM so no one would be there to clean the room and turn it over. In that case you would have to pay full price for the room as if you were going to spend the night.

Hello,

As said by Salty, hotels will be happy to rent you a day room if they have rooms available.

Make a list of hotels of you think could offer your needs for your post-crusie room and take them with you. There's a world of info about port hotels on CC to glean you info from.

When your cruise is ready to disembark, start calling those hotels to see if they have a day room available. Many hotels in port areas aren't going to know a week or so in advance about day room availabilty.

We stayed at the Marriott Renaisance a day before a cruise and asked about the availability of a post-cruise day room before our flight. We were told to call when we were back in port to ask about availability. We were told to come right over. Not sure if it was because we had stayed at the hotel the week before and asked or if it was just the luck of the drawl.

Good luck and happy cruising.

Dianne

We are a family of 3 adults and need to book a pre-cruise hotel. I'm trying to stay within $150 for the hotel, our needs are being able to get to a supermarket to get packs of soda/water and restaurants nearby within walking distance and complementary shuttles from the airport and to the port the following day. I've looked at Hyatt Place North and Courtyard by Marriott Airport/Cruise Port, both have mixed reviews. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you and Happy New Year!

We are a family of 3 adults and need to book a pre-cruise hotel. I'm trying to stay within $150 for the hotel, our needs are being able to get to a supermarket to get packs of soda/water and restaurants nearby within walking distance and complementary shuttles from the airport and to the port the following day. I've looked at Hyatt Place North and Courtyard by Marriott Airport/Cruise Port, both have mixed reviews. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you and Happy New Year!

We booked Cambria Suites 2-bedroom suite for our 2 night pre-cruise. We've never been there but, we are checked out reviews on Trip Advisor and it seems like a good place. They offer free shuttle from the airport and to the ship.

If you want a one bedroom suite with 2 beds, you will be okay with your $150.00 for the hotel. The two beroom suite runs around $200.00 per night. Hope this helps.

We stayed at Cambria Suites this past November, and I'd recommend it. It's a nice hotel, very clean, and the rooms are pretty nice. The only thing was that there isn't much close by - it's a walk, but not horrible. I actually enjoyed the walk, my mom on the other hand, not so much.

If you decide to go up to the stores like Kmart, or fast food, just turn left at the end of the road the hotel sits on, and stay on that side of the road until you get to Burger King...it's the first place you can cross safely to get to the stores.

We also are staying at Cambria Suite this coming Fri and Sat nights. I am worried a bit about walking distances to stores. Thanks for the tip on where to cross. Can you give us some idea on how far some of the stores would be. Walking a mile would not be too much of a problem but my knees wouldn't like too much further. Thanks

Archived