Miami Hotels w/Shuttle to Port

IUBeth92

We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale on 3/19 for the Pearl departing the next day. What is the best way to get from the airport to Miami? Do you have any hotel recommendations that offer shuttle service to the port? This is our first cruise out of Miami so any information would be helpful.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

We took Miami 411 shuttle from FLL to Miami (it was fine). We then stayed at the Staybridge Suites near the Miami airport...they had a shuttle to the Port of Miami. Staybridge was very nice and reasonably priced for suites. We picked them because we had a group of 6 and we were able to get a 2 bedroom suite for cheaper than we could get 3 rooms somewhere else. This was 2 years ago. We're leaving in February on another cruise...planning the same thing (flying to FLL). This time there will just be 2 of us and we've done/been to miami a lot of times so just looking at a place to crash the night before....so we're probably going to do La Quinta Miami Airport East. Rooms are about $107 per night and they have a free shuttle. i think its a pretty simple hotel, but it will meet our needs for the one night. Best of luck

We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale on 3/19 for the Pearl departing the next day. What is the best way to get from the airport to Miami? Do you have any hotel recommendations that offer shuttle service to the port? This is our first cruise out of Miami so any information would be helpful.

If ariving at the FLL airport before 8pm you can use http://www.ridesas.com to get you to your hotel in Miami.

It is $15pp. Also the Intercontinental is going for $167 a night for your March 19th date.

It is in easy walking distance to Bayside where they have many restaurants.

We just did this in September. The hotel is great as well as Bayside.

The port is right across the bay as you can see the ships docked there from the hotel and a taxi is very inexpensive. I believe ours was about $8.00.

Bill

I returned to the airport and met the NCL people inside. For $25 she had me sign my cabin number, she printed my luggage tags and took me to the port of Miami. I kept my cash. I will do this again. :)

I returned to the airport and met the NCL people inside. For $25 she had me sign my cabin number, she printed my luggage tags and took me to the port of Miami. I kept my cash. I will do this again. :)

Where were you staying initially, at an airport hotel in MIA, FLL?

Seems like extra work and money but I don't know the specifics.

Bill

Where were you staying initially, at an airport hotel in MIA, FLL?

Seems like extra work and money but I don't know the specifics.

Bill

I flew into FLL for a cruise out of Miami (NCL Pearl). It was cheaper to fly into FLL. I stayed at the Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruiseport (free shuttle to and from Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport). When I returned to the airport, the plan was to take a local transportation company to the Port of Miami but I could not get in touch with them. When I went inside the airport to find their number, I noticed a lady with a NCL sign (looking for NCL) passengers. I asked her what the fare was to Miami and it was $25 so I gave her my cabin number and she added it to my sail and sign card. She had a machine that printed my luggage tags right there. I booked the same fare back from the ship at the excursion desk. :)

I flew into FLL for a cruise out of Miami (NCL Pearl). It was cheaper to fly into FLL. I stayed at the Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruiseport (free shuttle to and from Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport). When I returned to the airport, the plan was to take a local transportation company to the Port of Miami but I could not get in touch with them. When I went inside the airport to find their number, I noticed a lady with a NCL sign (looking for NCL) passengers. I asked her what the fare was to Miami and it was $25 so I gave her my cabin number and she added it to my sail and sign card. She had a machine that printed my luggage tags right there. I booked the same fare back from the ship at the excursion desk. :)

Oh ok thanks for the reply.

that's not too bad.

I did something similar went cruising out of port canaveral.

Bill

Oh ok thanks for the reply.

that's not too bad.

I did something similar went cruising out of port canaveral.

Bill

I try to cruise out of Canaveral to get the great fares into Orlando. I found a fare for a friend $155. round trip. Here is my review of the Peal with pictures of the hotel.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1315184&highlight=

We took Miami 411 shuttle from FLL to Miami (it was fine). We then stayed at the Staybridge Suites near the Miami airport...they had a shuttle to the Port of Miami. Staybridge was very nice and reasonably priced for suites. We picked them because we had a group of 6 and we were able to get a 2 bedroom suite for cheaper than we could get 3 rooms somewhere else. This was 2 years ago. We're leaving in February on another cruise...planning the same thing (flying to FLL). This time there will just be 2 of us and we've done/been to miami a lot of times so just looking at a place to crash the night before....so we're probably going to do La Quinta Miami Airport East. Rooms are about $107 per night and they have a free shuttle. i think its a pretty simple hotel, but it will meet our needs for the one night. Best of luck

Sorry all...the hotel I referenced above was actually the Hyatt Summerfield Suites Miami Airport @ 5710 Blue Lagoon Dr. Sorry for the mis-information

Archived