Ruby Princess or Celebrity Solstice

JIMDSB2

no question the Solstice. Celebrity is known for thier customer service, if i had a chance to be on one over the other and the money was not an option I would pick Celebrity and especially the Solstice. I have wanted to go on the solstice since it came out.

Help me decide between Ruby Princess and Celebrity Solstice leaving out of Fork Lauderdale the same day in February.

Has anyone been on both for comparisons.

Ben on both and they both have their pluses and minuses.

Soltise: Cabin size and layout is a plus. MDR, Specialty Dinning and Buffet is a plus. Soltise is really elegant ship.

Princess: Shows/entertainment were better on Princess. Not as costly as Celebrity in all ways such as drinks, tips, shops, etc.

Food: Very subjective. Both to us were about the same.

Service: Both about the same.

If you have been on Princess and never on Celebrity, go Soltise for the experience.

I have put the question on both boards and am surprised by the responses. For the most part, the Princess board seems to be leaning to the Solstice and the Celebrity board seems to be leaning toward the Ruby:eek:.

Who'd have guessed:confused:.

We sailed the Ruby on eastbound TA's in 2009 and 2010. Since we had return tickets to London for October 25th we decided to try the new Celebrity Eclipse's westbound TA-same class as Solstice but a newer ship. We were very disappointed with Celebrity and will probably not sail with them again.

On the plus side we liked the shower, the no smoking policy, the glass show, and the Mac's in the computer room. On every other category Ruby is the winner. We found the food to be bland and very repetitious. Out of the 13 day cruise there was only one meal that was outstanding--the roast duck. The desserts were the worst part, and we were very surprised to learn that the pastry chef is French. We much preferred the shows on Ruby. We also felt closed in and that the ship was as open and airy as the Ruby, and we really missed being able to walk all around the ship on Promenade deck. Although the buffet is much larger there was not much variety in the food, and the same things were repeated day after day. We really like the themed buffets in Cafe Caribe, and even in HC the menu items at breakfast and lunch change daily.

As a smoker, I would NEVER cruise Celebrity. Also, Princess allows unlimited wine, without a charge unless you bring it to the dining room. Celebrity is too restrictive for my tastes. To each his own. Thats why they make vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.

Ben on both and they both have their pluses and minuses.

Soltise: Cabin size and layout is a plus. MDR, Specialty Dinning and Buffet is a plus. Soltise is really elegant ship.

Princess: Shows/entertainment were better on Princess. Not as costly as Celebrity in all ways such as drinks, tips, shops, etc.

Food: Very subjective. Both to us were about the same.

Service: Both about the same.

If you have been on Princess and never on Celebrity, go Soltise for the experience.

I agree. I have been on the Crown and the Solstice. I loved the Specialty Restaurants on the Solstice. I also thought that the service in the dining room on the Crown was top notch. As far as the cabins go, Solstice wins there.

Archived