Holiday Inn Port of Miami

CDEphoto

I have a question about booking at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami hotel. I would like a view of the Port but when I called, I was told that I couldn't book that in advance. I have also read in a few posts that there is a Cruise special that Holiday Inn offers but again when I called they said they didn't have any specials. If anyone who has stayed at the hotel or will stay at the hotel can help, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

Well, I reserved online and noted that I would like a view of the port from a higher floor. I had horrible horrible flight problems (2 missed connections due to weather and mechanical difficulties) such that I didn't get to the hotel until midnight instead of at noon. I called HI from one of the airports to let them know I'd be a late arrival. I figured any chance of a decent room was shot since I'd be arriving so late. But, lo and behold, when I got there, I had a room on the 10th floor facing the pier. Absolutely wonderful!!! You can put in a request, but there is never any guarantee. I don't know if they felt sorry for me or what, but I was very happy with the HI!

How far in advance can you book....we are coming up to one year prior to sailing on March 17, 2006. I am a terrible Type A person who needs everything done as soon as possible. I am wanting to book the hotel to conincide with arrival at 10pm on Amtrak which I see is only 1 mile from the hotel.

Help me if you can! Thanks

Judi

I'm not sure...but here is their website so you can check to see if your dates are up yet.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/MIABB?&WT.ptvanity=redirect

BTW, last year when I booked, I kept checking for cheaper rates, and one time did cancel and re-book. However, I notice now they have a $25 cancel fee, so unless you are dead set on them, you may want until you've definitely decided before booking.

Amtrak is MUCH further than 1 mile from the pier. I was also under this false impression because of the information given to me by AMTRAK. However, the train station is actually well past the airport and approximately a $30 taxi ride to the pier.

I still recommend Amtrak - it was great! But, I was freaking out and thought the taxi driver was lost or something. I just wanted to help you avoid this not-so-nice surprise.

Texalana :)

We have stayed there twice and will be staying there again the end of March. You can request a room where you can see the ships and they will do what they can to get it for you but no guarantee. As far as their cruise specials, they have them but I see from their website it runs April 10 thru the end of the year.

It's a great location and I think you will enjoy your stay there.

FYI, For any of you who have reservations or plan on making reservations at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, please be aware that they have changed names. I called today (3/1/05) to confirm my reservation and they are now called the Windsor Inn. If you made a res. under HI, it is still valid but you may want to call and reconfirm. Have a great day, Jodie:rolleyes:

I just booked a room on Saturday for 1 night pre-cruise in September. I wonder if it will continue to come up on HI's website. They didn't mention anything about a name change, but their English needed some work, so maybe she did.

Archived