Orlando to Port Canaveral

EReba55

I am a first-time cruiser (and a first time poster) wondering how hard it would be (and how much it would cost) to get from Orlando to Port Canaveral if I book my own flight. I am coming from New York City so there are tons of flights at significantly less than the cruise line is charging. Does anyone know of a taxi service I could arrange beforehand and how much it would cost? Also, how much time to figure it takes from landing at Orlando to getting to Port Canaveral? Thanks alot!

If you do a google search on the following:

transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral

You will get link after link of companies that provide transportation from the airport to the port. It is about 40-45 miles up a toll road, the Bee-Line, and will take about hour to an hour and a half.

Here are two of the links that has a map that shows you the distance.

http://www.orlandotouristinformationbureau.com/index.html

http://www.orlandoairports.net/goaa/ops/bus_taxi.htm

I have never used any of these services so I can't advice which one would be better or cheaper.

Some cruise lines will sell you the transfer from the airport to the ship even if you arrange your own air transportation but you have to get there at certain times. You might check if that option is available because they may be less expensive than private transportation.

Have a great next cruise.

We used Happy Limo last year and they did a good job. :) We actually found with our group of 6 that it cost about the same to rent a limo and have a very comfortable ride at our convenience as it would have been for the cruise line transfers. For 2 of us, it would not have been so cost effective.

Shopping for limos in Orlando was actually easier than alot of other places.... several orlando limo co's have websites that list their fixed prices from one area to another. Do a google search and check out your options.

Our party of 14 is using Basik Shuttle. They are picking the 14 of us up from a hotel close to Walt Disney World and taking us to Port Canaveral. The roundtrip for our group of 14 is $340 (or a little over $24/person). That is including a trailer attached to the van to transport all of our luggage. I hope that helps! :rolleyes:

I am a first-time cruiser (and a first time poster) wondering how hard it would be (and how much it would cost) to get from Orlando to Port Canaveral if I book my own flight. I am coming from New York City so there are tons of flights at significantly less than the cruise line is charging. Does anyone know of a taxi service I could arrange beforehand and how much it would cost? Also, how much time to figure it takes from landing at Orlando to getting to Port Canaveral? Thanks alot!

This might be a little high, I don't know, but we are having someone from the cruise line waiting for us at the airport. We are two ladies traveling alone, I told the TA that I wanted the bags put on the plane at our airport (I set that up) and I didn't want to see them again until I got to the ship. I wanted transportation "to and from" the ship. This was a total cost of $50 each. It might be a little high, I don't know, but it sure cuts down on worry. This is from the airport in Orlando to the ship in Port Canveral. I'm pleased. Hope this helps.

EReba55

Check the web site for Port Canaveral - they have a page for Ground Transportation that lists many contacts for shuttle companies. We are doing the same route this month, and have arragned round trip for $145.00 for four persons from a company found on that site.

Archived