Crown & Anchor Society level changes

As a wise old man told me once "Never be sorry to take a profit."

Tucker in Texas

I think it was Warren Buffet who was asked once how he became so rich. He said it was because he sold too low.

Basically, just what you said.

you make a great point!

I do know that when they first made the changes some 3600 reservations were canceled.....that's why they backpedeled really fast and added the Diamond event.

They do learn and hopefully the lesson is still on their minds when they make the newest rounds of changes next week!

I don’t know how you know this but I think what you are saying has got to be close to the truth. They backpedalled pretty darn fast, right?

I know friends that have gone to other cruise lines in the past year. No longer is RCI their only option for vacation dollars. Folks have branched out and tried the waters elsewhere. They may not have left for good, but they spent money elsewhere with the competition.

I think whatever changes are going to be made, there will be positive aspects and will be presented as enhancements to the program. Of course, not all of us will see them as enhancements. :rolleyes:

.that's why they backpedeled really fast and added the Diamond event.

Ya know-it's been so long-I didn't remember they added the D event after the fact. I thought it was added right away and just soda was added after the fact.:o:confused:

I don’t know how you know this but I think what you are saying has got to be close to the truth. They backpedalled pretty darn fast, right?

I know friends that have gone to other cruise lines in the past year. No longer is RCI their only option for vacation dollars. Folks have branched out and tried the waters elsewhere. They may not have left for good, but they spent money elsewhere with the competition.

I think whatever changes are going to be made, there will be positive aspects and will be presented as enhancements to the program. Of course, not all of us will see them as enhancements. :rolleyes:

When RCI does something that is perceived as negative, many Nash Their Teeth and yell that they are taking their business else where. Much of it is bluff and bluster as has been pointed out. However, there are consequences even it they are not deliberate. When RCI started pulling ships out of the west coast (even though they still have one in my home port until this Sunday), I ended up taking a cruise with another line this summer. Not because I was mad at RCI, but because it was more convenient for me now. The last time that I had sailed this particular cruise line was like 20 years ago. So what I'm trying to say is that if they take away some of the amenities, it becomes easier to justify using someone else even if you are not upset with them.

We are on the Explorer right now (in St. Thomas today). We went and talked to the loyalty ambassador the other day and mentioned we had heard that changes might be coming soon. She confirmed that yes the program changes will be announced on Jan 12, she couldn't give us anymore details in advanced. She said they are trying to protect the leaks and mentioned that information was already leaking on Cruise Critic. :)

She said status levels will be grandfathered in however, which is great for us since we will be Diamond.

I can't wait til the 12th to see what's in store!

We are on the Explorer right now (in St. Thomas today). We went and talked to the loyalty ambassador the other day and mentioned we had heard that changes might be coming soon. She confirmed that yes the program changes will be announced on Jan 12, she couldn't give us anymore details in advanced. She said they are trying to protect the leaks and mentioned that information was already leaking on Cruise Critic. :)

She said status levels will be grandfathered in however, which is great for us since we will be Diamond.

I can't wait til the 12th to see what's in store!

Maybe she read it on Cruise Critic.:eek:

If the changes are similar to the rumours that are floating around here the only thing I will say is that they are encouraging people to try different cruise lines. Currently we are 6 cruises from D+, when the changes come into effect we will be about 70 odd days which would work out to 10 cruises.

Seems like such a long way away to the next level that we may attain it before they change it again or we stay at the level we are and choose our cruise vacations on itineraries instead of reaching for that seemingly impossible goal. In a nut shell Royal is opening up the door for us to try other cruise lines.

Ya know-it's been so long-I didn't remember they added the D event after the fact. I thought it was added right away and just soda was added after the fact.:o:confused:

Actually, I believe that your original thought was correct. We were onboard the Jewel right when the changes went into effect and a Diamond Event was offered

at that time. They did add free soft drinks to the event when it was suggested to them. Certainly they reacted to the negative comments they received, which they claimed exceeded what they had expected, and last June they improved the coupon books and some perks to make the program a bit more attractive. They are claiming that last year was their most profitable, so perhaps the negative reaction that we perceive wasn't quite as big a deal as some would like to think. Again, I think it is important to realize that for many of us, the perks we receive in the loyalty program aren't the real reason we choose to sail with RCI and while they are nice, they aren't usually a deal-breaker. If the loss of some perks was sufficient to make some try other lines,and if, upon trying them they have shifted their allegiance, perhaps they were meant to sail with those lines anyway. No one line is a perfect fit for everyone. We, occasionally sail with other lines, but always seem to navigate back to RCI. For us the line provides what we are looking for in a cruise vacation.

Bryce just a heads up the drinks in the CL and the D, D+ events are without a doubt NOT watered down cocktails, trust me! And I agree with you on the activities on the ships at RCCL. I sail with RCCL because of the ships and the crew, not the ports of call. Thanks and happy sailing
I've had cosmos in the CL and DL that are pretty strong.

If the changes are similar to the rumours that are floating around here the only thing I will say is that they are encouraging people to try different cruise lines. Currently we are 6 cruises from D+, when the changes come into effect we will be about 70 odd days which would work out to 10 cruises.

Seems like such a long way away to the next level that we may attain it before they change it again or we stay at the level we are and choose our cruise vacations on itineraries instead of reaching for that seemingly impossible goal. In a nut shell Royal is opening up the door for us to try other cruise lines.

My Radiance cruise in 5 weeks will make me Diamond. If the changes diminish the current priviledges I would have received being Diamond, than you are exactly right...no reason for me to stay with RCCL and it will be time to try that Epic:)

Gee...It's going to be lonely around here after the 12th:rolleyes:

Can someone summarize (or point me to) what we think the change will be...PLEASE? :) I hear about this change but can't reverse engineer this thread to make out what we think this change is.

We're about to go Diamond after the cruise next week (1/15). If they grandfather us in as Platinum based on 1/12 status ... I'm going to blow a gasket :D:mad:.

I did have the following exchange with the RCCL C&A online chat in case you're interested. What do you think?

Chat Content:

KristenRCCL: [18:41] Welcome to our real-time support chat. How can I help you today?

Marco: [18:41] Hello

KristenRCCL: [18:41] What can I assist you with today Marco.

Marco: [18:41] Quick question...I heard a rumor that you guys are changing the C&A plan on 1/12.

[18:42]We are scheduled on the Serenade on 1/15 in a Grand Suite so we get 2 credits because this will make us Diamond. I hope this change won't affect us negatively since we did this just for that purpose

[18:43]Anything we should worry about that you know of?

KristenRCCL: [18:44] One moment.

Marco: [18:45] standing by...thanks.

KristenRCCL: [18:45] We have not made any announcements with regard to the Crown & Anchor Society since last June when we made improvements to the program with the introduction of the Onboard Booking Bonus and new onboard value coupons by tier. The Crown & Anchor Society members are very important to us as a company and any changes to the program would be driven by our quest for continuous improvement and based on member input. Further, as stated in the past, current members would be grandfathered in at their existing tier level. Thank you for your loyalty to Royal Caribbean and rest assured that we are committed to providing you the best cruise experience in the industry, including our Crown & Anchor Society."

[18:47]Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Marco: [18:47] Understood...I'm just worried that if you make the cutoff 1/12 then we are technically not Diamond yet and that would be very bad since we'd get "grandfathered" as Platinum if you move the goal line for Diamond. I guess you can't say more other than the official language so I'll just have to hope you've thought this circumstance through. See you guys in a few days! Happy new year!

KristenRCCL: [18:48] Thank you and have a wonderful evening Marco.

My account info is missing but future cruises still show up. Is anyone else missing past cruises, cruise credits and c&a level?

Yip my information is missing on UK C&A site also.

I guess they needed to lock down our cruise history to enable them to make the changes coming on Jan 12th.

Just waiting to cancel my August Majesty cruise... only reason I booked it is to get to Diamond. If they change the C&A to days cruised instead of cruises or even add an additional level between Platnum and Diamond no need for me to stick with RCI. I love Epic and loved Freestylin looks like the Sky is in my near future.

Ohh and I just found a 7 nighter on the Sun with almost the same exact itinerary as my freedom cruise Oct. 16th and the Sun leaves Oct. 15th and its $150 cheaper per person... hmmmm

[quote name='Cliftoncruz']C & A Status not showing, current reservations are up, and Live Chat is down.[/quote]
[IMG]https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/img/ico/cor_systemerror_ico.gif[/IMG][B]Your detailed Crown & Anchor information is currently not available. You can continue browsing the site, but please keep in mind that anything pertaining to your Crown & Anchor membership information will not be viewable at this time.

[/B]I guess they are working on it now................[B]:eek:
[/B]

Well, whatever the changes are, of course, they'll bill it as an enhancement.......they always do. Just like the so called new enhanced Diamond Event each night on ships that used to have a lounge.......LOL Don't think that made us happy when we used to be able to hang out with our D+ friends in the overflow lounge and now we get la terrible wine and champ that neither of us drink...... LOL Oh, and sometimes if they have them they put out some nuts or trail mix, but on our last cruise, that was only available the first 2 nights on a 9 night cruise......LOL The D event was pretty much empty every night - we'd stop in to see if anyone was there and pretty much just a handful of people were in there.

As a matter of fact, us and 8 other couples that have cruised together a few times on RCCL are all booked on the Silhouette for this year. We like RCCL, but we're looking forward to trying other lines as well.

If the rumor is true about them going to days, it will be fine with us.......we'd be Diamond either way since we usually do longer than 7 night cruises. If I were Diamond+, I'd be more concerned about them changing the benefits available to that level and not just the fact that they are grandfathering......the question for me would be are my benefits going to change anyj. Will there be more "so called" enhancements...........LOL:rolleyes::rolleyes:

[quote name='mommabean']I hope everyone made a hard copy of their past cruise credits.[/quote]I for sure did. And, I received my D+ package 2 days ago. I was told that I was "definitely grand-fathered"!!!! Just waiting to see what perks go with D+ now. The rumored changes ARE HAPPENING. Why else would our cruise history be inaccesible?

[quote name='CVU'][IMG]https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/img/ico/cor_systemerror_ico.gif[/IMG][B]Your detailed Crown & Anchor information is currently not available. You can continue browsing the site, but please keep in mind that anything pertaining to your Crown & Anchor membership information will not be viewable at this time.[/B]

I guess they are working on it now................[B]:eek:[/B]
[/quote]
I got the same thing, plus, I can't even view my reservation that sails in two days:eek:

Archived