Question about category upgrades

2SeaWithMe

I'm looking at a somewhat last minute vacation for myself and my best friend. (on Mercury)

Just looking at oceanview rooms, and I was told by one travel agent that normally past guest/captains club will get you a category upgrade, but I can only upgrade from category 6 or better, not category 7 (which is the continental deck, the lowest). Is this true? I don't see any such restrictions on the website.

The travel agent is the only one offering obc, so I'd like to book with them, but not if they are liars.

Also, they have a oceanview gty, for $100 less than any category...is that to big a risk? (I'm thinking I'd rather have an obstruction than be on the lowest deck, but I'm cheap enough to want the best room for the little cash I'm spending) Anyway to tell which rooms have obstructions?

Nothing wrong with the continental deck. There will be less motion. No public spaces to cause noise above you. I'm in an outside cabin on C deck starting Monday. There won't be any obstructions. Enjoy your cruise. I intend to enjoy mine!

Archived