Elite Benefits Question - Bathroom Amenities

Times Prince

Look Here!! Most of us who write Stewart know how to spell!!

no reason to ATTACK plus in your earlier post

It started a couple of years ago -- I think by ColoCruiser. So many posters misspelled steward as stewart that we made it the generic "name" for all stewards. We always capitalize the "S" in Stewart as a proper name.

you yourself say many posters misspelled!!! no reason to attack

I believe that the point being expressed on this thread is that Elite passengers shouldn't have to ASK for what has been promised. Most of us can, and oft times do, enjoy our cruise without any of these extras BUT, if Princess states we should receive them then they should be in the stateroom upon arrival. If an Elite passenger was missing their Bar setup or were charged for their laundry/dry cleaning or Internet usage you can be certain the voices would ring out loud and clear. Exactly what the missing benefit is isn't the point; the fact that a promised benefit isn't given without request (and then mostly incomplete) is the issue.
Larsen - I believe you have expressed this quite well, with the one addition that one has to know what has been promised before asking the steward to provide the item. I love cruising whether all the "amenities" are provided or not, but still will be asking for those which we perceive as useful if they are not provided as promised.

I tend to agree with you. However, several have pointed out that missing items or having to ask for them will be upsetting. Missing the free laundry would severely crimp my style as I pack fewer clothes. If the mini bar or internet perk was missing, I indeed would ask for them but I wouldn't be upset. Missing cotton balls or the mist that no one can figure out what to do with, isn't a horrible thing, nor would I bother to ask for them.
Exactly ! I hear some are upset over the inconsistency from cruise to cruise where, in some cases, few of the items promised to Elites were provided. Personally I don't mind asking our steward - they are as human as I and can overlook items while servicing 19 cabins multiple times a day. And most stewards will respond as quickly as possible when nicely asked - that's part of the Princess culture.

For instance, in recent years I always have to ask for a robe to be provided as soon as the laundry is done from the previous cruise. No biggie.

Not being picky nor rude but I notice many Americans use the term 'Stewart' for the Cabin staff whereas we Aussies use Cabin STEWARD.

Is 'Stewart' an acceptable term then or should it always be 'Steward ?

You are quite right that "steward" is the correct term. You'll also see the term "dinning room" noisily used instead of "dining room" in the same (non-?) humorous vein.

Archived