St Petersburg on Sunday/Monday

clueless2

We're booked on the Eurodam this summer and will be in St Petersburg on a Sunday and Monday.

Does anyone know if we will miss any sites because of they days? I was thinking churches being used for services on Sunday. And I believe the Hermitage is closed on Monday.

We're leaning towards using Alla Tours.

A tour company, such as Alla Tours, would be the best people to answer this question accurately. Alla will take you to the Hermitage on Sunday because it is closed on Monday.

I do know that St. Isaac's Cathedral is more a museum now than a church and services are held there rarely. Alla will know about the Church of Spilled Blood and Peter and Paul Fortress Cathedral hours and service times.

A tour company, such as Alla Tours, would be the best people to answer this question accurately. Alla will take you to the Hermitage on Sunday because it is closed on Monday.

I do know that St. Isaac's Cathedral is more a museum now than a church and services are held there rarely. Alla will know about the Church of Spilled Blood and Peter and Paul Fortress Cathedral hours and service times.

I made the inquiry to Alla Tours last night. Hopefully I'll hear from the Monday. Thanks.

I would tend to think ALL the independent tour companies will do the exact same thing. That is their business, to make sure you get to see whatever you wish to see while in St Petersburg.

I remember a post a while back where the poster said that they missed the fountains at Peterhoff because the day they were there, they weren't on. That is a crying shame and that particular tour company should have let the person know this in advance. if that was the only day they were in St Petersburg, there is nothing they can do about it, but if they were there for 2 days, something like that should never happen.

If Alla is the tour group of your choice, fine, but, if you already haven't done so, you should contact a few of the others, and see if they can offer you something better, cheaper or a different point of view.

anyway, hope this helps

Cheers

Len

Archived