Insurance - Delays & Companions

LuciaA

I'm a first time cruiser with a question about insurance payouts. My cruise companion and I are flying in to Ft Lauderdale from two different cities, and will have a little under 4 hours to make it to our ship in Miami. If I buy the insurance (Travelex Lite?), will it pay out if one or the other of us is dealyed? Neither would go on the cruise alone. Also, the Travelex online info seems to say that they'll only pay if the flight delay is more than 5 hours! Can this be so, when with even a 2 hour delay we may miss our ship? I realize I should ask the insurer, but their CS isn't open on weekends and we're right at 21 days from purchase.

We'll be using Carnival's own travel service from FTL to the port.

Of course I now realize we should never have scheduled flight arrivals so close to cruise departure, but it was a spur-of-the-moment decision to book the cruise, we needed to accommodate a very tight school and work obligation timeline, and I had not started to read these boards before scheduling the flights.

Any help in deciding whether to buy the insurance would be appreciated. And please wish us luck-- I now realize we'll need it! :eek:

Archived