Bonine for motion of the ocean!

oratheeexplorer

When is the best time to take the Bonine......morning or at bedtime? I don't need it for sea sickness, but am going to try it for the motion.....after our first cruise it took me 2 weeks to get my land legs back.....felt like everything around me was moving for that long!

I thought I would try taking Bonine this time and see if it helps with that motion feeling.....it says on the label for dizziness......but am just wondering what time of day to take it......

Thanks for any help!

My wife was very prone to motion sickness, until I introduced her to Bonine. When you go on your cruise, take it a few hours before you get on the ship. Some people said it makes them drowsy-In that case take it a bedtime every night.

The generic is meclazine, and I order it on line.

I would start taking Bonine at night the day before you cruise. My husband usually needs to but I generally just take ginger capsules at meals as needed. I typically take them for about a week when I get home as I too have a little trouble adjusting back to land.

I would start taking Bonine at night the day before you cruise. My husband usually needs to but I generally just take ginger capsules at meals as needed. I typically take them for about a week when I get home as I too have a little trouble adjusting back to land.

Hi Judy,

We are on the same cruise........I recognized Coolmama from our roll call! Thanks for the info......so Bonine does help with the motion/dizziness part of it? My stomach didn't bother me at all......just the crazy motion feeling.....my husband couldn't believe it was still bothering me for that long.

I also hate flying, and we are flying out on Friday, so I think I will start taking it Thursday night.....

Thanks,

Laura

My wife was very prone to motion sickness, until I introduced her to Bonine. When you go on your cruise, take it a few hours before you get on the ship. Some people said it makes them drowsy-In that case take it a bedtime every night.

The generic is meclazine, and I order it on line.

Thanks, I will take it at night......I've had people tell me they have used it that it doesn't make them tired like dramamine does.....hope it helps with the crazy motion feeling.....I won't know until we get off the boat, that's when I started feeling it, actually when we were at the airport waiting for our flight.....

We start taking it at bedtime the night before the cruise because even though it's "non drowsy" it does make me a little groggy. I must tell you, though, it hasn't helped me with the post-cruise swaying :( .

Google "mal de debarquement" for info on the condition. I sometimes have it for longer than the cruise itself and it's incredibly annoying, as you know. I haven't found anything other than time to decrease the symptoms :(. Doesn't keep me from cruising, though! :p I find that the more I move once I'm back on land, the less I feel the MdD. It's when I'm standing still that it's most bothersome.

Good luck and have a great cruise!:)

We start taking it at bedtime the night before the cruise because even though it's "non drowsy" it does make me a little groggy. I must tell you, though, it hasn't helped me with the post-cruise swaying :( .

Google "mal de debarquement" for info on the condition. I sometimes have it for longer than the cruise itself and it's incredibly annoying, as you know. I haven't found anything other than time to decrease the symptoms :(. Doesn't keep me from cruising, though! :p I find that the more I move once I'm back on land, the less I feel the MdD. It's when I'm standing still that it's most bothersome.

Good luck and have a great cruise!:)

Shucks, I thought maybe it would help with the swaying afterwards.....well, it's not going to stop me from cruising either! Thanks for your info......

Shucks, I thought maybe it would help with the swaying afterwards.....well, it's not going to stop me from cruising either! Thanks for your info......

If you have problems with landsickness (not the correct name for it) after your cruise. Continue taking Bonine at bedtime after you get back home for a few nights. It should take care of the problem.

For years I didn't get seasick, but felt the effects after the fact. One time it was so bad I thought I had the flu and went to the doctor. He immediately knew what was happening, perscribed seasickness meds, and in a few hours, that horrible feeling was gone. Thankfully that doesn't happen anymore, but it took about 20 cruises before it finally went away. :)

Out of my 3 cruises so far, I only had to take

Bonine once, it was on my last sailing on the

Crown Princess. we started heading north and

people were all leaving the dining room sick.

I started to get seasick, I went back to my

cabin and took one, it worked within 20 minutes.

I was ready for a roller coast ride night.

It really worked great...got the less drowsy.

I am not afraid to take it after I feel queasy

Since we're on the topic of Bonine, I need to ask where the best place to buy it is in FLL. We're from Canada, and it's not available here from what I understand, and Gravol will make me tired. We're flying in the night before our cruise, staying on Las Olas Blvd at the Riverside Hotel. I'd like to get some for our cruise, but not sure of the best place to get it. Can it be purchased onboard? We weren't planning on stopping anywhere for supplies between leaving the hotel and the port.

If you have problems with landsickness (not the correct name for it) after your cruise. Continue taking Bonine at bedtime after you get back home for a few nights. It should take care of the problem.

For years I didn't get seasick, but felt the effects after the fact. One time it was so bad I thought I had the flu and went to the doctor. He immediately knew what was happening, perscribed seasickness meds, and in a few hours, that horrible feeling was gone. Thankfully that doesn't happen anymore, but it took about 20 cruises before it finally went away. :)

Thanks...I am going to try it and I'll continue it once we're home and see if it helps the swaying feeling that I had with our first cruise......

Since we're on the topic of Bonine, I need to ask where the best place to buy it is in FLL. We're from Canada, and it's not available here from what I understand, and Gravol will make me tired. We're flying in the night before our cruise, staying on Las Olas Blvd at the Riverside Hotel. I'd like to get some for our cruise, but not sure of the best place to get it. Can it be purchased onboard? We weren't planning on stopping anywhere for supplies between leaving the hotel and the port.

You can buy it at almost any pharmacy like CVS or Walgreens. There are Walgreens all over the place in Ft. Lauderdale. You might look for the generic version in the stores and save a little money. Just make sure you compare the active ingredients. I use the CVS generic version of Bonine and it works great for me, with no drowsiness. You should be able to get in onboard as well. Although, it will cost a bit more.

Enjoy your cruise. If you haven't been in Ft. Lauderdale before, I hope you added a couple of days to see the area. I love it there and am fortunate enough to have friends who own a condo there on the beach.

I am wondering too if the cabin location had something to do with me feeling that motion for so long after we got home......we were in C108 (supposedly an Upgrade, balcony was nice, but not being at the front of the ship).....not much sleep due to extreme teeter tawtering from front to back.......this time we are midship, although a few decks higher.....so maybe that will help being midship instead of at the very front.......

Not necessarily for motion sickness but my doctor gave me the acronym BRAT for whenever my stomach wasn't doing well. BRAT is: bananas, rice, apples and toast. The acronym makes it easier to remember what you should eat to help settle your stomach. :)

I was worried on our first cruise because I get motion sickness on boats. I heard about Ginger Pills that you can get in health food store or at GNC. I don't like taking the meds that make me tired. So I tried them (and booked a room high up mid ship) and I had NO problem. Even when people were getting sick all over one day because of rough seas. And it is pretty cheap too. About $6.00/bottle and I was passing them out to alot of folks...

Archived