Bon Voyage Party ~ How Do You Celebrate?

Aaaaaaahhhhhh, the band is playing, the people are in their swimsuits, shorts, and cruise attitude with drinks in hand waving to the final passengers boarding. Then the ship blows her horn and pulls out from the pier. You travel out to sea, waving at the people along the beach who wish THEY we on board too. It is such a MARVELOUS, wonderful feeling.

Michelle

I love sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale because as I stand at the railing, drink in hand, the folks in the condos wave, yell, blow air horns and have flags flying as we sail by.

We're sailing out of Miami. Can someone give me feedback about their experiences sailing out of Miami?

In the meantime, the stories about your own sail away parties are fun to read! :)

My first sailaway on the Nordic Prince in 87 was the best. The band playing on deck was not the pool band but from the lounge. We all had streamers to throw from the Promenade deck. Just like you used to see in the movies or on Love Boat. We were waving and yelling to the people on the pier.

Except the only people on the pier were two workers sweeping up out

streamers.

This was before so many enviornmental rules went into effect. We could and did shoot skeet from the stern, practice hitting golf balls off the stern, and they actually flamed the cherries jubilee and bananas foster tableside.

Ahh The good old days.

My first sailaway on the Nordic Prince in 87 was the best. The band playing on deck was not the pool band but from the lounge. We all had streamers to throw from the Promenade deck. Just like you used to see in the movies or on Love Boat. We were waving and yelling to the people on the pier.

Except the only people on the pier were two workers sweeping up out

streamers.

This was before so many enviornmental rules went into effect. We could and did shoot skeet from the stern, practice hitting golf balls off the stern, and they actually flamed the cherries jubilee and bananas foster tableside.

Ahh The good old days.

I will never forget that when we would watch the opening sequence of the Love Boat on tv and our one daughter, who was 4 at the time, said, "All I want to know is WHO is going to pick up the litter!"

Judy......I remember those "good old days"! Wasn't that hilarious throwing those streamers to no one! I've hit many a golf ball into the ocean and my husband always did the skeet shoot. Now we stand around and take bets on whether or not the top of the ship will hit the bridge that we sail under. That's scary sometimes. Sailaways are still great fun.

Archived