71.00 for Bottled Water...Really??!!

For those of you that like to drink a lot of water like the hubby and I, did you feel like it was necessary to purchase the water package? The dh just had a moment when I told him how much 16 bottles would be...it does seem a little ridiculous.

We took about 12 bottles in our suitcases. No problem. We drink lots of water, especially after a night out, once back at the cabin. Also, the tap water is great. I'm very picky about my water and the taste. The stateroom attendant had ice in our room every day and fresh glasses.

I drank the tap water there and at the restaurants including the specialty ones where they try and sell you fancy still or sparkling water.

Hope that helps!

We buy a case or two and bring it on board. Since we stay the night before we just get it before we head for the ship. The nice 24 oz sport bottles are less than $6 a case. It's nice for adding cystal light too. Even if you had a cab stop on the way from the airport to the ship it would be a lot cheaper than the water on board.

For those of you that like to drink a lot of water like the hubby and I, did you feel like it was necessary to purchase the water package? The dh just had a moment when I told him how much 16 bottles would be...it does seem a little ridiculous.

Ridiculously priced? Yes, absolutely.

Do I still order a water package? Yes, every cruise.

The ship's tap water is fine to drink, and we drink it regularly at dinner. But otherwise I prefer to order a case of the 1 liter bottles. I drink a lot of water, and find that for me, it is the simplest way to always have water available, in a closed container, that I can take with me to the pool or onshore or wherever. I don't want to lug cases of water onboard with me, and I don't want to constantly be refilling bottles or cups over and over, so it's the most convenient option for me. :)

Archived